PDA

View Full Version : I am getting ready to send you some parts pappy

krackerracing
02-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Whats the price to moly coat a cylinder and head, and powder coat the engine cases?

Thanks
Eric

Pappy
02-08-2007, 09:29 PM
what engine?

krackerracing
02-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Sorry 250R

Pappy
02-08-2007, 09:33 PM
$125 for the moly work, side covers are $30 to $35 each, center cases run $45 to $60 depending on the prep involved.

krackerracing
02-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Sounds good, how well does the moly hold? and should the send the cylinder to you before it gets board or after?

Pappy
02-08-2007, 09:44 PM
ive done them both ways....

if they come before, then i dont have to be as cautious with the cylinder itself. i still have to tape it all off prior to prepping it, but knowing it will be honed etc saves me some worry about damaging a freshly bored/honed cylinder. as long as the machinest isnt a goon, he shouldnt bother the coating during his work.

if its sent after the machinest has done his work, it just adds a step or two to assure the cylinder surface is protected.

both the head and cylinder can be done before or after due to their not being valve train parts to contend with.

as far as how it holds up. well, so far so good. ive done quite a few heads and cylinders and they seem to be doing excellent. i have a set of spindles here that i did a year ago, and they have seen some serious use, and the only marks in it are where someone popped them with something hard to try and remove teh ball joints. even then, it was a very small mark that gouged the coating and the aluminum. my personal carry sidearm is coated and it shows no wear after almost 3 years of holster duty. my shotgun hasnt seen a drop of oil since coating and its been on the back porch with no signs of rust!

i think its some pretty cool stuff

krackerracing
02-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Sounds good ill post in a few days when i ship the stuff off.

Thanks