View Full Version : Makes Sense??????

troyleepred719
02-08-2007, 08:36 PM
So than ADMIN has a problem with its members having morals, and discussing with the rest of the membership?

I dont see why the ADMIN would want to take it off, if they have a problem with grown men having a civilized discussion about our views or morality and ethics, with a little bit of religion involved, do I really want to be part of this site? I dont get why we can have stupid post about hottest people, etc. but when we talk about something on here that is real life morality, they take it off. This makes no sence to me. I love this site, dont get me wrong, but this is one of the dumbest things that I have ever heard, sure we all had our own views, but did we fight or act immature? No we didnt, but whatever....just my thoughts.

Pappy
02-08-2007, 08:39 PM
The site is family oriented, and even I went a tad to far in some of the posts I made (sometimes i forget im supposed to set an example)

There are plenty of other sites on the net to discuss sexuality, religon, morality etc. This is an atv site and even though the open forum is open, there are limits to good taste and what we would like to have posted.

miller821
02-08-2007, 08:41 PM
If you guys want a place where you can debate/discuss religion and the bible and such, then you can just go to my site to do it.

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Christ4Life

STEVENJANNA
02-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Open forum, off-topic posting allowed. If you have a specific question about your ATV please post it to the appropriate forum! Keep it clean!

With this in mind maybe the "OPEN" forum should be removed from this website.

troyleepred719
02-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I dont want any hard feelings here, Pappy, i have the upmost respect for you, and some of the guys on here, but Sexuality, religion, and all of that , is open forum. It says keep it clean, there was little of the "nasty" stuff on here, it was just a bunch of grown men, discussing the outlook on life. I dont get how that is wrong, I have seen a lot worse forums on here, that lsted forever, to me it just seems like someone want ed to PI$$ people off...

Pappy
02-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I think the majority would prefer to keep the open forum, but it needs to be kept clean. i apologise to those who i offended in that thread, sometimes having fun can go to far.

as far as the basic rules to follow, the current admin actually took out religon that was posted in rule #3(it used to state religon and politics to not be posted). having discussions is fine, thats what this stuff is all about, but the content can sometimes swing to far and thats where a judgement call comes into play. my kids read the site, as do a ton of others and we are mindfull of this.

wilkin250r
02-09-2007, 01:51 AM
We've had many discussions on this forum about ALL topics, but religion seems to be the one that gets most people riled up. As moderators, we keep a close eye on religious threads for this very reason.

If a religious thread starts to go downhill, we'll cut it off quickly. Some people may think it's TOO quickly. It's true, we will let other threads go further than we will let religious threads, but that's simply because of the incendiary nature of religious threads. We don't give them a chance to clean up and get back on topic because they NEVER do.

Yeah, we're harder on religious threads. You got a problem with that, don't start them.

STEVENJANNA
02-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
We've had many discussions on this forum about ALL topics, but religion seems to be the one that gets most people riled up. As moderators, we keep a close eye on religious threads for this very reason.

If a religious thread starts to go downhill, we'll cut it off quickly. Some people may think it's TOO quickly. It's true, we will let other threads go further than we will let religious threads, but that's simply because of the incendiary nature of religious threads. We don't give them a chance to clean up and get back on topic because they NEVER do.

Yeah, we're harder on religious threads. You got a problem with that, don't start them.
That's funny because I've seen some "POLITICAL" threads get pretty heated and out of hand and there not shut down. I would suggest that any thread started that historically starts heated debates be deleted immediately and an addendum be added to the rules of posting "The same rules apply about debate are the same rules that appply at Thanksgiving dinner, NO BUSINESS, NO POLITICS, AND NO RELIGION."

400exrider707
02-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Did I miss something? Im assuming we're talking about the shacking up before marriage thread which turned into a religious debate!?!

So I am also assuming it was in fact deleted by a mod? Did it get out of hand towards the end after I went to bed or what? I thought that was one of the more respectable threads that we have had on here in a long time, no one really got out of control and it was like 10 pages deep! Did someone start getting out of control or what? From what I saw in the thread, I can not believe it actually was deleted! I am not a moderator by any means but I was just curious as to why it did in fact get deleted. Not trying to call anyone out and not knocking anyones decision who did or didn't delete, and I respect your decision to do so at your discretion as well, but I am just curious.... why?

Raptor68
02-09-2007, 07:55 AM
That's good ole Hardly Foolen'em for ya...

02-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Your site, your rules, I get that.

I just didn't see ANYTHING that was incindiary or heated in that thread. I mean, I was told several times to shut the f%&$ up, but I got no problem with that. I've been (far as I can tell) lied to via PM about the thread, but there wasn't really anything in the thread.

What did you see as incindiary? And if you saw something, why not deal with the INDIVIDUAL who did it?

Sure, its easier to can the thread, but incidiary people WILL resurface, and all you've really accomplished is to MAKE SURE said incindiary person will cause you a problem again.

Pappy
02-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Raptor68
That's good ole Hardly Foolen'em for ya...

this shows your ignorance. i stated I removed the thread based on its growing sexual content. Harlen was aware of the thread and asked that sexual content be held to a minimum. sorry the man has a higher standard and wants the site to project a better image then what some are accustomed to. deal with it.

garandman
Lied to? you arent worth wasting my time to lie to.
ive about had enough of the BS, you dont like the way we run the site LOG OFF.