PDA

View Full Version : i hate people who dont know shoot!

kosta104
02-08-2007, 06:27 PM
so three weeks ago i was at the local cyclegear... that is the name of the store. well the JERK there told me to run 10 to 15 psi's in my stock dunlop tires. Well that was a HUGE mistake. i almost killed myself while riding in the woods. In a case like this were a "pro" told you to do this what would you do? anyway Im now looking for a new front tire i have the stock 22 inch tire on the 10 inch rim. let me know if anyone has one. i just bought rear tires today and now i need one new front one

jrafter
02-08-2007, 08:18 PM
did you feel like you were on the moon.....LOL

i made that mistake......run 4 or 5 psi and you will be fine

Bill Fuller
02-09-2007, 05:13 AM
I actually run 10 to 12 PSI in my front tires. I find that it is a little stiff but very punture resistant. I run 4 to 5 in the rear tires. I always use 6 ply tires.I have been racing XC for about 10 years and have only had one front flat tire and it was caused by a foot peg ripping out my valve stem.

hornetgod13
02-09-2007, 06:52 AM
Ouch! 10 to 15 psi in your front tires had to be painful on trails.
I trail ride too. I have single beadlocks in the front and dual beadlocks on the rear. I run 3 and a 1/2 psi in the fronts and 3 psi in the rears. They help absorb some off the shock from the trails and are much more punture resistant at lower pressures.

02-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Did you consult with the sidewall of your tire, that SHOULD have PSI recommendations right on it?

underpowered
02-09-2007, 08:02 AM
i run 6-8 in the front, seems to make the tires stick a little better. the rear varies alot depending on conditions. sometimes i run only 1-2 in the rear, other times as much as 5-6. really depends on what i am doing at the time.

Rip_Tear
02-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by garandman
Did you consult with the sidewall of your tire, that SHOULD have PSI recommendations right on it?

Not to mention its on the little "warning" by your butt....

Thats not so bad, my buddy got a brand new DVX and the dealer had over 20psi in every tire... His rears were screwed real quick.

Honda#4
02-09-2007, 11:53 AM
it's the same at my stupid honda dealer, I always have to tell them which is right and not right to do cus they don't know jack squat.

sandmanblue
02-09-2007, 01:25 PM
He must have thought you rode a 2 wheeler....

I had a similar situation at a Yammy dealer when buying some oxy fuel. I asked the parts guy (my mistake for thinking this guy would have a clue) about jetting changes. He said that he doesn't do any because all of the Yammies are fuel injected... :rolleyes:

Morons....

flauge
02-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Ha... How about this. I was over at a buddies house a while back getting ready to ride, all of us checking tire pressure and what not. The guy was putting 20psi in his tires:eek2: ..... And then wonders why his razrs dont hook up..:rolleyes:
He offered to put air in mine too, i told him to stay away.:o

krt400ex
02-10-2007, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by garandman

nope, that side wall only tells you what the limit is when your seating the bead. usually about 36 psi.

i run about 5 psi in my front tires, and 4-5 in my rear tires