PDA

View Full Version : front brake set up on a 94 blaster

mobileblaster
02-08-2007, 05:47 PM
I am wanting disc on the front of my blaster I am building. I have a lot of money in this thing already, including hydro rear brakes and am wondering whats the best way to put disc on the front. the drums work great but we all know disc are better. Any ideas out there on what I should do?

C-LEIGH RACING
02-09-2007, 08:34 AM
I seen a few years back that had banshee spindles & brake parts mounted, but dont know the details how they made them fit.
I guess if you bought a set of aftermarket a arms you could have them include the ball joints to fit the banshee spindles, that would be the easiest way.
Neil

bradley300
02-09-2007, 08:56 AM
the banshee spindels will screw up the steering geometry. you can mod the stock spindles to work, or buy used 2003-2006 spindles and use banshee/warrior/raptor660 hubs, rotors,calipers...

mobileblaster
02-09-2007, 03:47 PM
thanks bradley. You have given me some good info in the past. I will just stick to the drums for now. All the parts are in and all the powdercoating is complete. I just wanted to do disc up front if there was a kit of some sort avail. I will post specs and pics once I get it all built in the next couple of weeks.

Barrymaxx
02-17-2007, 08:58 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=283464

Theres a how-to. Personally i like how it makes the steering feel. It just feels like it wants to track straiter. Its kinda hard to explain. It makes the sterring feel more "self cenerting"

Wow Bradley, i run into you everywhere! Im still using ur LRD you sold me.

pbblaster2
02-18-2007, 07:46 AM
im agreein with bradley