PDA

View Full Version : PayPal

CaptainCanuck
02-08-2007, 05:12 PM
I've got a great deal on an XBox 360 lined up on eBay and I need to have the XBox 360 by the week of the 19th, However, my PayPal account is only through my bank account as I don't have a damn credit card. So, everytime I send a payment, it takes a week to clear and by that time, I won't have the XBox in time. Now, this is where I need the favour.

Would anyone be willing to send me 425 USD (I need 400USD but I'm not sure how much PayPal will take from me in the process so I'm going to overshoot) into my PayPal account in exchange for my payment? I will make it worth your while and give you an extra couple of bills for the hassle. And don't worry, I won't screw anyone. PayPal is safe and my address and name are included so if theoretically I did something questionable, you know who and where I'm at and so do the cops.

Please, if anyone could do this, I'd be greatful. If not, I'll just have to sit it out for a while. It's an easy way to make a little coin as well. Thanks.

Kickstarts-suck
02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
you cant trust anyone over the internet :ermm:

CaptainCanuck
02-08-2007, 05:30 PM
I know, its sad, Thats why they make trusted sites like PayPal that help fix that.

02-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by CaptainCanuck
I know, its sad, Thats why they make trusted sites like PayPal that help fix that.

Sorry but trusted and paypal should never be in the same sentence!!

CaptainCanuck
02-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Ive never had a problem with Paypal before. Why do you say that?

DirtDevilBT
02-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Kyle_TQRA
Sorry but trusted and paypal should never be in the same sentence!!
agreed, I have had good relations with Paypal until I needed them. I bought some brake lines off a memeber here and he called them streamlines. Well the fronts where streamlines but the rear was some other brand, and it wasn't coated. The condition wasn't exactly how he described it either. Told Paypal, and they said that because I got my item, and it was brakelines, that they couldn't do anything about it, eventhough it was "signifacantly different than described". They wouldn't do anything about it.

I bothered the guy a couple more times. He replied keep the rear lines and I sent a 25 dollar money order to your house today for the difference. Something I asked for. Well, funny, it's been months now and haven't gotten it.

Member JNWQUADMX. He is a buyer and seller type member that doesn't do anything for exriders other than to use this place as a meeting ground. I paid him for a steering stem 2 days after I saw it. And only 1 day after he told me how much to pay. Paid him, then he said it was sold. He did return my money, damn well. But what does he think, I'm in front of my computer all day? Whatever

m4skinner
02-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
agreed, I have had good relations with Paypal until I needed them. I bought some brake lines off a memeber here and he called them streamlines. Well the fronts where streamlines but the rear was some other brand, and it wasn't coated. The condition wasn't exactly how he described it either. Told Paypal, and they said that because I got my item, and it was brakelines, that they couldn't do anything about it, eventhough it was "signifacantly different than described". They wouldn't do anything about it

So why is paypal the bad person they didn't rip you off the seller did.

blasterfreak99
02-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by m4skinner
So why is paypal the bad person they didn't rip you off the seller did.
yeah really??

coolex
02-09-2007, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
you cant trust anyone over the internet :ermm: [/Q

honda350r
02-09-2007, 08:27 PM
I'll do it ...You send me a grand and I will put 425.00 in your account!

DirtDevilBT
02-10-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by blasterfreak99
yeah really??

Because Paypal missrepresents themselves. They call themselves the secure middleman yet when I needed some security they were not there. Remember, they get paid off everything you receive and pay out.

When you file a claim, there is a section that you pick which claim it falls under. In this instance, it fell under "item not as described or signifacantly different". The lines where labled great condition and yet they weren't, two holes in them, yellowing, and the banjo fittings were filthy inside and looked to be leaking. Also, the front was a streamline yet the rear was not. Streamline told me straight up it wasn't theirs.

How does that not fit under the catagory. You know the response I got from Paypal? "Sorry, we cannot help you, please read terms". And yet they have a place for my grievance. I followed Paypals direction to try and work things out but I was having a very hard time getting in touch with the seller to make it right, so I went to Paypal. They said *** you without any reason, NO reason why they werent going to help me. NONE

Sounds to me I need to pick up a Ford Pinto and sell it to some poor ******* like some of you or those on EBay, call it a Ford Mustang, and make off with your money. As long as you get the car I think everythings fine. At least that's the way Paypal put it.
Same thing.

Anymore bright comments?

PS> the seller also deleted all signs that he even sold the lines. The pictures are gone, the part in the ad he placed is gone and no longer mentions lines for sale. Funny don't you think?

desertratt45
02-10-2007, 07:27 AM
there is a site called paypalsucks.com you can read the horror storys there. just from personal experance i will never trust them. specialy since they are holding over 2500$ dollars of mine. not to mention they went and tried to pull another 3000$ out of our bank account. if you read there terms and aggrements you might just change your mind about using them. . pay pal is not regulated by any one but them selfs. they can seize your money and hold it for 180 days just because your credit score is a little lower then most. or they can throw the frude flag up and hold it as well. even after you prove to them you are lagit! they still close your accont and hold your money. they even went as far as closing my bosses acount just because am his employee. one of there rep's told him on the phone as long as i work there he wont beable to have an account just because i have access to a pc. now is that just f'd up or what.
ok i will step off the box for now.

02-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by CaptainCanuck
Ive never had a problem with Paypal before. Why do you say that?

I sold a PS3, was paid via paypal. I immediately transferred the amount from my paypal account to my bank account, but that usually takes 3 business days. I went ahead and shipped the PS3 overnight via UPS. I receive email from buyer later that night (the day the PS3 was to be delivered) and she states she did not receive it. I track the package and it shows it was delivered! Buyer notifies paypal and they stop my transfer of the funds into my bank account and freeze my paypal account. A dispute is filed by buyer, I show proof of delivery, after 30 days, paypal rules in buyers favor, removes my money from my paypal account and pays the buyer. So yea, Paypal sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mistake was shipping the item before the money hit my bank account. I've never had any issues over the several years I've been using paypal, but this just ruined all that good faith with this company!

NorCalRacer
02-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by desertratt45
there is a site called paypalsucks.com you can read the horror storys there. just from personal experance i will never trust them. specialy since they are holding over 2500$ dollars of mine. not to mention they went and tried to pull another 3000$ out of our bank account. if you read there terms and aggrements you might just change your mind about using them. . pay pal is not regulated by any one but them selfs. they can seize your money and hold it for 180 days just because your credit score is a little lower then most. or they can throw the frude flag up and hold it as well. even after you prove to them you are lagit! they still close your accont and hold your money. they even went as far as closing my bosses acount just because am his employee. one of there rep's told him on the phone as long as i work there he wont beable to have an account just because i have access to a pc. now is that just f'd up or what.
ok i will step off the box for now.

Yeah, those scumbags have about $1000 dollars of mine. Common business practice for them:rolleyes: They do this ALOT, user beware.

honda350r
02-10-2007, 09:44 AM
People who get ripped off from PayPal did not cover thier butt ! Signature comformation helps out a bunch!

NorCalRacer
02-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by honda350r
People who get ripped off from PayPal did not cover thier butt ! Signature comformation helps out a bunch!

It wouldn't have mattered, they make up reasons to seize money. First it was a customer complaint that didn't exist. When I proved they were lying and had my customers complain to paypal they ran my credit and admitted their mistake, but said they would hold my funds 180 days anyways just because of my credit score. I HAVE NEVER HAD ONE COMPLAINT. They are liars, scumbags and thieves with over half a thousand BBB complaints against them.