PDA

View Full Version : trevorton this sunday

jrafter
02-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Anyone up for a ride to trevorton this sunday...

Im in the Martinsburg Wv area....take about 3 1/2hrs to get there...

703-447-3315

cantthinkofname
02-09-2007, 03:55 PM
dude its like 20 degreese here u know that right?

GraphicDisorder
02-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by jrafter
Anyone up for a ride to trevorton this sunday...

Im in the Martinsburg Wv area....take about 3 1/2hrs to get there...

703-447-3315

There are several of us going on the 24th assuming its not stupid stupid cold. Let me know if you want to get in on that.

jrafter
02-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Hopefully i will get up there thanks

Bigbadfords
02-09-2007, 08:18 PM
ATTENTION!!! all you guys that like to come up and ride in treverton, pa. I live there and I ride almost every weekend so if any of you guys would like to contact me to set up some riding dates or whatever maybe we can get together and I can show you guys around the area and maybe some new places up here that youve never been to. I've lived here all my life and have been riding since I was 11, so if anyone is interested please let me know and I will glady give you my cell phone # so maybe we can set up some riding days!!!!

jrafter
02-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Bigbadfords
ATTENTION!!! all you guys that like to come up and ride in treverton, pa. I live there and I ride almost every weekend so if any of you guys would like to contact me to set up some riding dates or whatever maybe we can get together and I can show you guys around the area and maybe some new places up here that youve never been to. I've lived here all my life and have been riding since I was 11, so if anyone is interested please let me know and I will glady give you my cell phone # so maybe we can set up some riding days!!!!

well if all goes as plan i will be up there around 9am sunday.

red nissan frontier with west virginia tags so stop by.

Joe

blueyeace1
02-10-2007, 05:39 AM
Im allaways looking to go for a all day ride, ive been at Trev a few times with friends i would be glad to join you guys sometime its only a hr and half from me heres my email if you wanta get together a group to go ridding at Trevetron ...sat is best time for me but mabey a sunday once and a while.
BlueyeAce1@yahoo.com

draggin-accord
02-12-2007, 11:33 AM
i think there will be a pretty large (10+ bikes) going up on the 24th from pa, nj, de, & md.

Bigbadfords
02-12-2007, 11:46 AM
I will surely be out there too as long as I have my bike back fromthe honda dealer. They f***ed up my bike when they installed the cam and jetted it so I had to take it back, but I should have it back by the 24th, and like I said, I live in Shamokin (3 miles outside treverton) so I am out there almost every weekend. Hopefully I can meet up with you guys!!

damian600
02-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Im from Long Island and me and a few guys might be down for the 24th. Is there a hotel nearby. How far is the trails from the hotel? Can we ride from the hotel to the trail? What type of riding is in Trevorton? Any of you guys ever ride in Shenandoah (ac/dc hillclimb). That is were we usually ride in PA, and I noticed Trevorton is a few towns over. When we come here to ride we stay at the INN at 81 in Frackville, and there is a trail right behind the hotel that we take to the hillclimbs. We are getting kind of bored with these trails so a new spot would be great. Any info would be great considering Im not from around there. Thanks

GraphicDisorder
02-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by damian600
Im from Long Island and me and a few guys might be down for the 24th. Is there a hotel nearby. How far is the trails from the hotel? Can we ride from the hotel to the trail? What type of riding is in Trevorton? Any of you guys ever ride in Shenandoah (ac/dc hillclimb). That is were we usually ride in PA, and I noticed Trevorton is a few towns over. When we come here to ride we stay at the INN at 81 in Frackville, and there is a trail right behind the hotel that we take to the hillclimbs. We are getting kind of bored with these trails so a new spot would be great. Any info would be great considering Im not from around there. Thanks

I dont think that town has a hotel, its pretty small town. Closest I remember seeing was probably a good 10-20 mins by car at least.

There are trails, hills, bigger hills, and bigger hills there, some small amount of flats. Maybe a local to Trevorton will post with better info about hotels and such. I am hopping the 24th will be decent weather im probably going reguardless of temp though, it ranged from the mid/upper 20's - mid/upper 30's when we last went and I was warm so no big thang.

damian600
02-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Is there a safe spot to park our trucks and trailers?

GraphicDisorder
02-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Is there a safe spot to park our trucks and trailers?

Yup, we park across the street. Last time there were probably 6 trucks and trailers there, including my 26ft trailer. Nobody bothered us at all. We can cross the road right to the hills/trails.

damian600
02-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Give me the exact location, street? Any stores nearby?

GraphicDisorder
02-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Give me the exact location, street? Any stores nearby?

I dunno the street name. And this town doesn't have much of any kinda of stores. Picture BFE with a few houses and a bunch of open land. Thats it lol. I could probably back track and give you some directions. Its not hard to get there.

Bigbadfords
02-13-2007, 12:52 PM
The nearest hotel to there is about 15 minutes away, it is called "Glosser motor inn." Yes you can take trails from the hotel to the riding area but it would be a good 35-40 minute ride on a quad. There is plenty of parking and your trucks will be safe for sure. Anyone else has any more questions please just ask, I live in the area.

damian600
02-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Is this a large riding area?? enought to spend the whole day riding there? Can you give me directions from I81, or I80

draggin-accord
02-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Is this a large riding area?? enought to spend the whole day riding there? Can you give me directions from I81, or I80

definately big enough to spend the day.

as for directions, a local would be better to help you out.

Bigbadfords
02-13-2007, 02:03 PM
The fastest way to get there is from I-81. Get off I-81 at the Minersville exit #116 (rt. 901). Take rt. 901 west for about 4-5 miles and you will come to a shell gas station on the right side and right after that there is a turkey hill on your left side. Make a left turn onto the road immediately after the turkey hill, I think it is route #2044, just follow that road, you will make no turns or anything just keep going straight on that road for about 30 minutes or so. It takes you right into the town (Treverton) you will know when your in Treveron because you will come to a stop sign and you can see the coal hill off to your left. Make the left at the stop sign and you will pass a baseball field a few hundred feet after the left turn, directly after the field you can make a left hand turn onto a coal dirt road and it takes you right up to the top of the hills where you can safely park and start riding!!! There are literally hundreds of miles of trails and hillclimbs. Hopefully I have my bike back from the dealer by then and I can meet up with you guys and show you some awesome riding in the area.

cantthinkofname
02-16-2007, 03:50 PM
youu better hope some of the roads open up because the way it looks they might be closed

jrafter
02-16-2007, 07:53 PM
i was there last sunday.....and it was so dam cold i only stay a few hrs so check the weather before you go

GraphicDisorder
02-17-2007, 05:18 AM
1 week from today we are going up. Several from PA/NJ/DE

blueyeace1
02-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Any1 ridding at Trev this sat the 24th?

Bigbadfords
02-21-2007, 07:51 PM
I should be able to get out this saturday, if you guys want to give me a call sometime when you are out there I will come out and meet you guys, I can be there in about 15 minutes on my bike. I can show you guys around some other awesome areas of trails and hillclimbs if you are interested also. 570-850-3930, Jared.

Bigbadfords
02-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Did anyone go to treverton riding on Saturday? I didnt get out because it was a little bit too cold for me and I figured all the trails would be total crap and sloppy because of all the snow melting throughout the week. I hate to ride when it is so sloppy!!! Call me a *****, I know!! Well if anyone is planning on coming up this way in the near future let me know. As long as the weather is decent, I will surely be out to do some riding with you guys.

GraphicDisorder
02-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Bigbadfords
Did anyone go to treverton riding on Saturday? I didnt get out because it was a little bit too cold for me and I figured all the trails would be total crap and sloppy because of all the snow melting throughout the week. I hate to ride when it is so sloppy!!! Call me a *****, I know!! Well if anyone is planning on coming up this way in the near future let me know. As long as the weather is decent, I will surely be out to do some riding with you guys.

I went up there yesterday. Good times.

http://www.graphicdisorder.com/bstuff/quad/brandttrevorton.wmv

Nash04
01-28-2010, 08:15 AM
We are planning on going up there this Sunday 2/1/10 if the weather permits, should be a bunch of us..hopefully. I gave them the directions from this post so no one should get lost!

Now, let's pray/hope the weather will be nice :-)