PDA

View Full Version : Comparison to the 525

monster 525
02-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey 525 owners,
Please post back of what you was riding before and how you feel it compares to the 525:devil:

smokinwrench
02-09-2007, 05:39 AM
I was riding a 2005 Troy Lee Predator with a DMC full exhaust and a HSP intake. It was fast and smooth riding, I had raced it in a few harescrambles and always finished in the top 5 with 2 wins. That was against modded yfz's, z400's and 450r's.

Though I haven't ridden my 525 much I have dragged against a local banshee that is fast and the 525 is much faster then it is. The 525 is much smoother riding then the Predator and handles lots better in rough stuff. Also the 525 isn't near as wheelie happy as the Predator is, still wheeleis easy just not as easy. The best thing is all the torque it has 100% power available throughout the entire power band where my Predator had a hard hit on the top end.

Once I get 10 hours of ride time on the 525 to get totally comfortable on it that is when it will really start to shine.

somewon
04-02-2007, 06:32 PM
I was riding a 400ex with all the normal mods, pipe, filter, jets, smaller front sprocket, bicycle horn, streamers... you know the usual stuff.

The 525 is a ton more powerful, has a smoother powerband better suspension, and nicer seat. the only thing I miss about my 400ex was the low center of gravity (or the perception of)

MentalState
04-02-2007, 06:41 PM
I have rode all 450's and I had a 785 V force..This is faster than all and handles rocky trails with ease at WOT...People can say what they want ..But if your a woods racer this is the quad to have...

It does need better bushings in te front and rear a-arms..

Other than that its GREAT!!!!

roczilla
04-02-2007, 10:01 PM
sold my 2004 vforce 700 ,duel dmc pipes,k&n,jetting,clutch kit...fast quad,but didnt handle the rough stuff too well, and alittle on the heavy side,went up against it at the local ohv park,beat it in a drag race,about 4 quad lengths in 100 yards when my 525 was bone stock,and as far as handling the rough stuff,the 525 keeps the rear tires on the ground wheere they need to be,no excessive sliding or pogo back up in the air after a rough landing,just a couple of mods
a muzzy pipe and a larger main jet and the new quad flys,wont even be a contest

vegastrailrider
04-03-2007, 09:29 AM
I was riding a wolverine 450, new to riding quads. I do mostly trail riding with a lot of rocks, whoops, and hills. I thought I needed a 4x4 so I bought the wolvy.

I bought the wolvy and 4 months later I bought the 525. The wolvy is way slower than the Outlaw 525, and it rides and handles great. have gone out to the dunes a few times but it really shines on the trails. My buddy has a ltz400 and there is no way for him to keep up with me. He has been riding for years and he is now looking to buy one.

One thing that has happen to me that sucks. This is a warning to those who work on their own ride. The 525 has two filter screens besides the two oil filters. The short filter screen is the one that will get you in trouble. The bolt is a 8mm allen and it is recessed in the bottom of the engine case. I stripped mine out and when that happened the bolt cracked. Had the dealer take it out and the told me that the case would have to be replaced because the treads and case was damaged. I managed to fix the case and bought a replacement bolt that uses a 13mm socket instead of an allen. Hope this prevents you guys from costing you your time and money.

Evasiveone
04-03-2007, 09:52 AM
That bottom bolt has been a complaint with KTM motorcycle owners for a long time. I had heard the problems with this before my first oil change and bought a replacement oil screen bolt ahead of time to replace the recessed allen head one. You can get one here.
RFS oil screen bolt (http://brapoffroad.com/bolts.htm)

When talking to the Polaris engineers they said they were looking into having KTM install a different style bolt there.