PDA

View Full Version : Best reeds for this setup

Saint18z
02-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey guys I am just finishing up my motor and want to know what reeds and cage you sugest I go with...so this is what ive got:

stock jug 30 over minor port work (i think it has just been cleaned up)
rebuilt crank w/ hot rods rod
cool head w/ 18cc dome
38 Keihin
fmf gold series w/ a 9in silencer
dynatek ignition
k&N filter w/ no lid

I will be riding mostly woods and fields

My biggest concern is being able to keep up w/ my buddies...one has a KTM 250 and the other has a stock banshee..

also what sprocket set up should I go with

Thanks a lot
Chris

312R1
02-08-2007, 02:03 PM
I really like the pyramid myself..it gives great lowend awesome mid and good topend.

honda380
02-08-2007, 07:17 PM
i would say a v-force setup. i had a stock cage with boyesen reeds and it worked real good, but as soon as i got the vforce, i was way more happy, it was so smooth and easier to ride, i ride liesure and fast trails, works perfect for that. Corey

Saint18z
02-08-2007, 08:57 PM
which vforce are you talkin about?

and where can I get the pyramids?

CorvetteZ06
02-09-2007, 07:37 AM
you can get pyramid reed valves from Duncan Racing. I am running the delta force 3, and love it. CT recomended them when I got my Pro-X motor from them. :cool: I also ran the delta force 3's on a stock ported jug and liked it also, but everyone has thier preference.

C-LEIGH RACING
02-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Wonder what has changed on the V Force reed cages for them to have good bottom end.
A few years back they just didnt work good down low for bottom end pull, but I guess they could have made the petals thinner to react faster.

Know one thing though, when you get ready to replace those V Force reed petals, be ready to choke up 100.00 for the set.
Neil

Saint18z
02-09-2007, 09:26 AM
What about the vforce 2 reeds they any good?

velocityatv
02-09-2007, 08:22 PM
I've got the V-force 2 and are very happy. I figure when the pedals wear out I'll just purchase the 3's and give them a shot.

I run midrange porting, adjustable LRD, 38 Kehien A/S, and 220 psi with the V-force and I'm very happy. I've tried the boysen's on a stock cage but nah.

I think the first design they made had little triangle pieces on the sides even. Then they made the V-force 2 (which still looks very much the same as the 3)

Heres the supposed latest and greatest design from V-force (the V-force 3 ) oooooooooo:eek:

http://store.mototassinari.com/images/moto_vf3_lrg.jpg

Also check ESR (Eddy Sanders Racing). He makes a cage and pedal design near exactly what V-force has.

http://www.esr250.com/images/2stroke/billetreed.jpg

And you can get a reed space built into it if you want

Saint18z
02-11-2007, 10:34 AM
What about sprocket sizes...any sugestions?

velocityatv
02-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Depends on tire size. And power out put of motor, and where you want the power at. Start with stock and play around from there. You can buy really cheap spockets from Rocky Mountain. And when you find the right ratio buy the nice stuff. There is no magic formula for ratio. Just play around and find what you like. Don't forget a good chain. Better to spend the money on a nice one than replace cases.

GOTFEAR
02-11-2007, 05:44 PM
With small mods i would use a cr style set up and you can chang the reeds for what range your looking for

TWILES
02-11-2007, 08:40 PM
I had Piramid cage and reeds on my krank-It motor. V-Force wasn't out yet. CT told me that with my Banshee, if you couldn't get V-Force to keep the stock ones. I guess CT really likes them.

clutch22
02-14-2007, 05:58 PM
My R has Boysen RAD valve in it.. i need to replace to reeds in it.. is the V-Force 3 Valve better than what i have? or should i just keep what i have and just get new reeds?

86 Quad R
02-15-2007, 06:44 AM
i've tried just about every reed/intake configuration there is and im partial to the RAD (old style) setup. although a custom new style works well also.

what reeds are you currently running? the carbon fiber or the fiberglass?

CorvetteZ06
02-15-2007, 04:39 PM
yeah, when i got my CT pro-x, they insisted to only use v-force.

clutch22
02-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
i've tried just about every reed/intake configuration there is and im partial to the RAD (old style) setup. although a custom new style works well also.

what reeds are you currently running? the carbon fiber or the fiberglass?

Just took my cage out to see what reeds are in it,,, Fiberglass