PDA

View Full Version : 450r or 700r

440_Turtle
02-08-2007, 06:37 AM
Ok im going to buy a new sport in teh next few weeks and i was really leanign toward an 07 450r es with the HRC kit, then i read teh dirtwheels write up about teh raptor 700se and they said it was possible one of teh best trail quads ever. i have never ridden the new raptor but i hear they are really nice. I ride mainly open trails and logging roads, with teh occasional 300' drag during racing season.

from what i read they both have adjustable shocks but the raptor has more travel and gullwing a-arms. anyone have any thoughts?

02-08-2007, 06:47 AM
i have a n o6 450r and have ridden a 700 raptor. first let me say that i am a honda guy...you will never see any other brand in my garage...unless i am storing it for someone...

now on the day i rode the 700, it was about the third ride on the r after i bought it. i took the raptor for about a 10 minute spin and i have to say, i was impressed. the power deliver was not as snappy as that of the r, which i did not like. we ride trails and the power of the r is a little too much for trails, they need to rev high to keep running. the raptor does not have this problem.

following the raptor, it seemed like the suspension was a little better suited for the trails as the r's suspension is a little stiffer, but that can be fixed with changing the settings and/or a revalve. i cannot speak for how well the raptor suspension takes to adjustments, but it seemed to work fine for what little i put it through.

ergonomically, the raptor felt ok...not great, and not as good as the r...which is not as good as my 400ex(yet). it sits higher than the r and therefore felt tippy. had i gone from my ex to the raptor, it would have felt really tippy.

it seemed to em that the r has quicker acceleration, and about the same top speed(the raptor was piped, my r was stock)

i will admit that after getting off the raptor, i was wondering if i bought the wrong bike. maybe if i were to do it again, i would buy the raptor instead...i would def. buy the raptor if it were a honda product

FourFiftyFour
02-08-2007, 06:58 AM
Raptors are fun on trails.. the 450r is a really good quad though, really depends on which one you feel more comfortable on. The good thing about the 450r is that if you decided you wanted to ride on a track or something of that sort, you would have a machine that can handle it a lot better. Raptors (not trying to cut raptor owners down or anything) are pretty much suited best for trails, dunes, drag racing. 450rs can do it all.

440_Turtle
02-08-2007, 07:50 AM
I guess im going to try teh raptor, I ride trails and occasional drag race, im 6-3 270 so i think the larger raptor will be a good fit over teh 450r. I do no MX or anythgin like that. ive called around several places and these are teh numbers im getting how do they sound.

06se 5999+tax/tags/assembly

07GYT-R 6999 + assembly, no tax required in South Carolina

ya think go with the 07?

they also have a Can-Am renegade too!

TheFontMaster
02-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by 440_Turtle

06se 5999+tax/tags/assembly

07GYT-R 6999 + assembly, no tax required in South Carolina

ya think go with the 07?

they also have a Can-Am renegade too!

I would go with one of the raptors. I haven't heard much about the new renagade yet. the little that I have heard is they are good, and I know that motor is one of the most powerfull stock motors out there. Plus I like having a clutch. but thats just me.

Which 450?
02-08-2007, 09:42 AM
My buddy had a 700r, after about $1500 worth of problems uncovered by the warranty (problem in electrical system and blowing 2nd gear apart) He traded it in on a '07 trx450er. He said that the 450r handles circles around the 700r, but even with the hrc kit, the 700 seems a little quicker on the top end. But apparently Honda's HRC kit comes with a lean jet that he has to have taken care of, it falls flat on its face when punching the throttle at high speed. He will be getting a slip on silencer (the HRC kit comes with a decent header) very soon, then will have it re-jetted.

Shift_450R
02-08-2007, 10:50 AM
teh

02-08-2007, 11:59 AM
250r are always an option...just because they are not all through the magazines dont mean a thing