PDA

View Full Version : 08 KFX 450R Engine Specs!

MET
02-08-2007, 05:08 AM
I have posted some info over at *******.net, maybe someone could paste it here for us!

SET THE STAGE
02-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Last week I spent 5 days at Kawaski Canada for 2007 technical training and have some information on the new ATV engine! Keep in mind that at the time of the course that production had not begun,so some information may be revised and I will update as needed!

449cc 12:1 DOHC
5 speed w/reverse
Claimed HP:44 @ 8000 rpm, Torque:30.6 lb-ft @ 6500 rpm, measured off the engine!!
Cylinder bank angle is +9 deg.forward
Cylinder is chrome composite plated, instead of the usual Kaw.Electrofusion
Piston,light weight forged, 3 ring type,low friction coating, 21mm piston pin
4 valve,Titanium with oxide coating, dual progressive wound springs, In:36mm,Ex:31mm
Pre port/polished intake port.
Keihin 42mm throttle body,single 10 orifice,ultra fine injector. requires 91 octane,unleaded.

Kawasaki states that owners/tuners must use forged shim,NOT sintered metal (ground) shims as the sintered shims will cut through the valves oxide coating!! The forged shims are smooth because of the barrel polishing finish,where as the sintered shims are ground finished and have fine lines/grooves on the flat surface! This is a good point and applies to all titanium valves, I believe the HotCams shims are ground, so...

Cam cap torque has be revised to 87 in-lbs instead of 102 in-lbs!!

As new information or updates are released, I will update!!

Kawaski will be releasing some race parts/kit for the public! They will offer a kick starter kit, along with a programmable ECU and software kit! More to come!!