PDA

View Full Version : newwbie with 07 400ex

trev10
02-08-2007, 03:11 AM
Guys,
Firstly let me introduce myself, my name is Trev and I reside in the north west of Western Austrailia. Recently purchased a new 2007 400ex here in oz. I am fairly new to the 4 wheel scene but have had my share of two wheelers over the years. Anyway I bought the quad and first impressions were that "gee this is going to get some getting used to" but I have clocked up a few hours on the girl and I am very happy with it so far. I dont race, but spend most of my time bashing trails. I have made a few minor mods which include:-
remove airbox snorkle and drill two large holes in the airbox cover.
Add an hourmeter for servicing.
block off the snorkel hole with the ever reliable spray paint can lid.
added a Pro Circuit T4 slip on exhaust.
Tried various front sprockets from the standard 14T to 15 & 16T but reverted back to the 14T.
My latest venture is to purchase a stage1 Hotcam and a Dynojet kit (still waiting delivery form US. Parts here in oz are either very scarce or very expensive.)
One other thing I installed today was a twist throttle, but I cant comment on this as I havent ridden it yet!!!(maybe this weekend)
I love the site and read all the posts with great enthusiasm.
Keep up the good work guys...

Trev...:) :) :)

trev10
02-08-2007, 03:27 AM
I have also removed the choke and even with the standard jetting, there is no sign of hard to start. Might have something to do with the ambient air temp here being 40-45 deg celcius......

Trev...

firefighterjosh
02-08-2007, 03:54 AM
Welcome and glad you like the site......Its addicting:D

02-08-2007, 05:30 AM
with the exhaust and other mods you have done to the intake, you are going to be very lean. i assume since you have been around dirtbikes, you know what this means...i would wait for the dynojet kit to come before i rode it again...

trev10
02-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Yep,
My thoughts exactly, might have to hold off till then so no damage is done.
Trev....

priesty
02-09-2007, 03:49 AM
G'day trev, welcome aboard, good to see another aussie on the forum.
Did you buy the T4 locally or U.S. & how much A$ ?.
BTW try "Ozatv.com.au"

cheers.