PDA

View Full Version : Breaking in new riding boots......

nowukno
02-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Im going to birch creek saturday for open practice. I ordered some oneal element boots from rocky mountain. I know they are cheap but i don't ride mx that often. I will be getting them from ups tommorrow and i was wondering what's the best way to break in new boots without actually riding. I know they will probably feel weird anyway since i have never wore mx boots before but i still want to have them broken in. Let me know , thanks.

jokester
02-07-2007, 10:47 PM
just put em on when you get em and walk around in them for as long as you can.

Premis
02-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Take a bath (not a shower) while wearing them, then walk around with them for about 5 minutes. It sounds wierd but it works!

nowukno
02-08-2007, 06:27 AM
thanks , any more tips?

FourFiftyFour
02-08-2007, 06:34 AM
just walk around in them a lot and bend the boots a lot at the ankle... I also wore mine when I sat at the computer..haha

trick250r
02-08-2007, 07:04 AM
three days before the ohio state championship i got new boots... i wore mine to school and everywhere else i went.

NacsMXer
02-08-2007, 07:09 AM
Pretty much what everyone else said. Walk around in them as much as you can and keep crouching down to bend them at the ankle as much as possible. Do some lunges in them lol :blah: Or you could try working on your quad with them on.

Actually riding in them seems to break them in the fastest for me though. You're not going to get a full break in without some ride time on them but everything everyone else said helps get them pre-broken in for the actual break in :p

trick250r
02-08-2007, 08:26 AM
if youre going to stretch in them to break them in, please see the fallout volume 2 for the taylor moles school of limberness and sexuality :p

Ripitupfilms
02-08-2007, 09:12 AM
i like having fresh boots and not breaking them in.. the stiff feel is fresh

SilverBurr
02-08-2007, 04:30 PM
This sounds bizarre, but take a sledge hammer and bang on them around the ankles, be careful to stay away from the buckles.

Don't need to swing the sledge hammer from over your head, just drop the hammer from about 12 inches down on to the boot.

Put them on and they are putty.

:)

N300exJ
02-08-2007, 04:37 PM
The correct way to soften new riding boots is to put them in a bath tub of realy hot water and let them soak over night. Than take them out and let them dry before wearing them. Only thing that sucks is your bathroom will smell a lil.

I dont have to do this though when you buy/wear A star Vectors there comfy from the first day you wear them riding. Best 200 bucks youll ever spend!

jrafter
02-08-2007, 04:38 PM
spray the straps with WD-40 it helped alot

rollie
02-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
if youre going to stretch in them to break them in, please see the fallout volume 2 for the taylor moles school of limberness and sexuality :p

makes the gastrogs feel great:blah: