PDA

View Full Version : Famous Relatives ??

Quad18star
02-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Just like the title says , do any of you guys have any "famous" relatives ??

I have one cousin that played about 10 years in the NHL ( National Hockey League) ... his name is Troy Mallette . He played hockey with the New York Rangers , Edmonton Oilers, Boston Bruins , New Jersey Devils, Ottawa Senators and Tampa Bay Lightening .

At one time he was a League " Heavy Weight" , which basically means his main role on the hockey teams were to be an enforcer and fighter to help protect his teamates .

Here's a video of him fighting ..... he's in the Black and Yellow and TKOs the Montreal player ( Baron) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxDe34V4gw

jokester
02-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm actually related to Richard Nixon. And idk about any others though...

insaneracin2003
02-07-2007, 10:58 PM
my dads cousin is the creator of The Peanuts-Charles Schulz

ilpadrino113
02-07-2007, 11:02 PM
My cousin is ronnie james DIO, the singer for rainbow (with ritchie Blackmore), black sabath (after Ozzy) and of course DIO.

ny300exrider
02-08-2007, 04:17 AM
second cousin is steve park the nascar driver(#1 pennzoil)........well was the nascar driver until he crashed and screwed himself up pretty good. pretty sure hes racing the truck class now although i dont follow nascar much.

http://www.theautochannel.com/callahan/2000texas/cars1/park_steve01.jpg

coolguy8769
02-08-2007, 05:33 AM
my dads cousin is "Monk", Tony Shalhoub. He's visits with the family a few times every year but everytime he comes i'm never there... figures lol

tim colston
02-08-2007, 06:01 AM
No famous relatives here just want to climb aboard the thread train.

TRX_450
02-08-2007, 06:20 AM
my uncle used to be the lead guitarist for Garth Brooks back when he was really big

EastCoast330
02-08-2007, 06:31 AM
My dad's stepbrother is Ralph Stanley, the country singer. When my dad passed away he came to the funeral and sung the song O'death, the same song that is in the movie O brother, where art Thou?

Shift_450R
02-08-2007, 07:23 AM
my moms cousin or something Andrew "Andy" Chakowski used to play with the Boston Bruins in the 40's, he passed away a few years ago though.

awsomeaussies
02-08-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm related to Donny and Marie Osmond... though I've never met them:( My other cousin created those hanging sex chairs. lol You know the ones that are round and hang from the ceiling:p I just found that out the other day. I've met him a few times, he's also a magician. He has a book out too!

baja_racer
02-08-2007, 09:00 AM
My Great Great Great Grandfather. Oliver Wolcott signed the Declaration of Independence.

I have 2 good friends......

John Clark Gable...Clark's son
John Cagney....Jimmy's grandson

rtm1216
02-08-2007, 09:04 AM
On my father's side I'm related to Roger McDowell. Ex-Mets relief pitcher and current pitching coach for the Atlanta Braves. He's my father's 2nd cousin.

On my mother's side I'm related to James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano). He's my mother's 1st cousin.

NorCalRacer
02-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Patrick Henry

sly400ex
02-08-2007, 11:09 AM
My grandma's sister was the manger/renovator of Ford’s Theater. Her name was Frankie Hewitt. She was also married to the producer of that news show 60 Minutes.

trx400EXtreme
02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
my great uncle used to be married to Reba Macentire(sp). they got divorcedbefore she got real big.

Tommy 17
02-08-2007, 01:24 PM
my grandmother is angie paterno so i'm realated to joe paterno the coach of penn state... if only my last name was switched around i would have it so easy goin to college up here...:o

smr
02-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by ilpadrino113
My cousin is ronnie james DIO, the singer for rainbow (with ritchie Blackmore), black sabath (after Ozzy) and of course DIO.

Man that's cool..I was thinking about him the other day. I was a big fan back in the day.

What's he doing now?

02-08-2007, 01:36 PM
IDK about me, but neighbors uncle is "Brooklyn"(or Bronx i forget) from Saving Private Ryan.

dopeyferree
02-08-2007, 01:43 PM
I am related to Dolly Parton, I grew up in East Tennessee, near where her amusement park is now. She is a 3rd cousin on my moms side

400EXTRA
02-08-2007, 02:28 PM
MY DAD WORKS ON TED NUGENTS VEHICLES DOES THAT COUNT?

02-08-2007, 02:34 PM
my dads ex-wife is married to frank vincent, and since my dads exwife and my dad are still good friends frank comes over a lot. franks in all the italian mob type movies.

and my brother is an actor/stuntman, has been on the sopranos, and many other tv shows and movies. he was in some famous movies like the departed and will be in Will Smiths upcoming hit (i just forget the name...lol)

its nice to know famous people :) lol

MO-EX-RIDER
02-08-2007, 02:40 PM
nicky hayden(moto gp world champ) and his brothers thru marriage

700bRad
02-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Hes not famous I guess but my grandpa Joe was assigned to the Manhatten Project during ww2. And my dads great uncle Tony Marchese was an indy car driver and raced in the Indianapolis 500.

ECATV Raptor
02-08-2007, 04:02 PM
My dads 2nd cousin Angie Harmon from Law & Order

Quad18star
02-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I also forgot to mention that my grandmother is somehow related to one of Shania Twain's grandparents. My grandmother has pictures of Shania as a baby and of her parents that passed away in a car accident .

jrafter
02-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 400EXTRA
MY DAD WORKS ON TED NUGENTS VEHICLES DOES THAT COUNT?

Damn right counts........Teds the man

csimp3
02-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
nicky hayden(moto gp world champ) and his brothers thru marriage

:eek2: NO F'ING WAY!!!:eek: thats so awesome

STEVENJANNA
02-08-2007, 06:23 PM
I think the real question is "Are there any celebs. here on the site"?

Supra082891
02-08-2007, 06:35 PM
My dad is predient bush not to brag i am also related to jeff gordn pretty fun....for some wierd i am also related to the guy that inved this site...ohh yeah and im brother to tom anderson the guy that created My space

tp300ex
02-08-2007, 06:45 PM
idk if this makes us famous but my dad and his 4 brothers and my paw paw(who pasted away:( ) have the #1 selling Fishfry in the US
this is the link to it...
http://www.louisianafishfry.com/
we also own one of the most known seafood stores in Louisiana
Tony Seafood

clutch22
02-08-2007, 06:53 PM
My Uncle's first cousin is Vince Gill

400eXr1d3rZ
02-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Charles Darwin. My mothers maiden name is Darwin and my grandmother has random stories Charles Darwin has written and even paintings of him.

250ex13
02-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
idk if this makes us famous but my dad and his 4 brothers and my paw paw(who pasted away:( ) have the #1 selling Fishfry in the US
Tony Seafood What's a paw paw? Is that like another way of saying grandpa?

400exstud
02-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Supra082891
My dad is predient bush not to brag i am also related to jeff gordn pretty fun....for some wierd i am also related to the guy that inved this site...ohh yeah and im brother to tom anderson the guy that created My space

Totally believeable.:o

killerofcrows48
02-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
Tony Seafood

Didn't you guys have to rebuild because of a fire?

tp300ex
02-08-2007, 07:26 PM
yea one of the coldest nights when the fire started....we have plans to build in the same spot proley will take about 6 months...
Paw Paw is italyn

Pappy
02-08-2007, 09:28 PM
im related to the doctor who set John Wilkes Booth's leg after he killed president Lincoln.

he was hung for treating the man, whom he did not know or nor did he have knowldge that he had just killed the president. Mudd was his name.

joeb23
02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Somehow I am related to Pochahontis lol does that count?

TXATVRIDER
02-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Nope not that i know of, but i do have a cousin that sold his business for 150 million and i haven't seen one cent of the chit.

csimp3
02-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
im related to the doctor who set John Wilkes Booth's leg after he killed president Lincoln.

he was hung for treating the man, whom he did not know or nor did he have knowldge that he had just killed the president. Mudd was his name.

wow, thats actually pretty cool right there, just last weekend we were talkin about the phrase, and ths song "my name is mudd"

fastrider450r
02-09-2007, 06:13 AM
a former steelers player was friends with my sister in high school and was at my house and stuff... i totally forget his name cause he wasnt famous back then(my sister, and this dude graduated in 1998 if that helps so i would have been 8) not related though just thought i would post

bradley300
02-09-2007, 08:00 AM
my grandama wrote a southern gospel song that was runner up for song of the year in the early 80's, my wife's cosuin is the physical trainer for the dallas cowboys, my moms 2nd or 3rd cousin was the announcer for the floida gators football for a long time and also announced for the orlando magic (last name steele), and my wife is somehow related to loretta lynn and i have a relative that wrote songs for alan jackson (also a steele, daniel i think)

bansheerider4
02-09-2007, 08:03 AM
my great great great great(or something like that)grandpa is zachary taylor the 12 president of the united sstates...found this out last night:cool:

smr
02-09-2007, 08:12 AM
I have two very famous relatives

Adam and Noah.

I am also related to Eve..........:D

aaronqjones
02-09-2007, 08:20 AM

Ahh yes, Good ol Dr. Mudd. Charles county. He was not hung though. "Like the other defendants, Dr. Mudd was found guilty. His sentence: life imprisonment. He missed the death penalty by one vote." Mary Surratt on the other hand was hung, she was hung for her son being apart of the conspiracy and having the "meetings" in her house. Stupid kids.

I am related to Helen Keller - Moms side
Charlemagne - Dads side
Samuel Porter Jones, Preacher from Georgia. The Ryman Auditorium was built for him to preach in when he came to Tennessee. Now more notably named the Grand Ol Oprey

JRP
02-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
my dads cousin is "Monk", Tony Shalhoub. He's visits with the family a few times every year but everytime he comes i'm never there... figures lol

thats awsome jeff, i dont think im related to anyone famous.

ugottabayou
02-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Don't have any famous relatives, but I have a cousin that is a country music writer in Nashville, and another cousin in the family was an extra in the bar fight scene in the new Dukes of Hazzard movie.

clutch22
02-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by ugottabayou
Don't have any famous relatives, but I have a cousin that is a country music writer in Nashville, and another cousin in the family was an extra in the bar fight scene in the new Dukes of Hazzard movie.

Ya Dood!!! Ur cousin that was in Dukes of Hazzard Movie wants to do me next time she comes to visit.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-09-2007, 01:29 PM
My great aunt that unfortunately passed away at 94 a couple years ago. She isnt really "famous". But she holds a few golf records. Back in 1935 or so she was the first female golfer to win a big tournament in Scotland. I had it saved on my computer but cant find it. Her name is Betty Abernethy.

My 3rd cousin thats lives in Italy rides bicycles in the olympics! I met him 2 years ago in Italy. He gave me his old shirt that has his sponsors all over it. We actually saw him on tv in the olympics that year.

Not personally related but my cousin went to college at Duke with Shane Battier. Not really all that special but he has stories about partying with him. He now plays basketball for the Cavs. I have a Duke shirt signed by him. :cool:

Pappy
02-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by aaronqjones
Ahh yes, Good ol Dr. Mudd. Charles county. He was not hung though. "Like the other defendants, Dr. Mudd was found guilty. His sentence: life imprisonment. He missed the death penalty by one vote." Mary Surratt on the other hand was hung, she was hung for her son being apart of the conspiracy and having the "meetings" in her house. Stupid kids.

I was under the impression he was hung? (i geuss not being hung is a good thing...lol)

I have never researched that side of the family but they all hailed from the southern shore and just about all of them are doctors/lawyers etc. My grand parents died when i was pretty young and that was all that I remember of the story. My grand dads side was all hillbillys from the south (tennessee, kentucky area) the marriage of him to my grandmother (aristocratic background) didnt set well I reckon. Might be a famous shine runner in the bunch however:chinese:

JJs450r
02-09-2007, 01:50 PM
anyone follow pro stock drag racing my cousin is greg anderson

aaronqjones
02-09-2007, 01:54 PM
I was under the impression he was hung? (i geuss not being hung is a good thing...lol)

I have never researched that side of the family but they all hailed from the southern shore and just about all of them are doctors/lawyers etc. My grand parents died when i was pretty young and that was all that I remember of the story. My grand dads side was all hillbillys from the south (tennessee, kentucky area) the marriage of him to my grandmother (aristocratic background) didnt set well I reckon. Might be a famous shine runner in the bunch however:chinese:

Growing up in Southern Maryland you tend to learn the local history at a nauseating frequency. Nothing wrong with being a mountain man. ;)

woodsman250r
02-09-2007, 03:20 PM
My grandma from my dads side was related to George Custer. I can't remember the correct geneology behind it, but he was from New Rumley, OH. My grandma's family founded a town near there called Bowerston, OH. My grandma died several years ago so I can't ask her now but I know its between the Custer family and her family, the Bowers.

HB416EX
02-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Manute Bol is my 2nd cousin.

HB416EX
02-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
anyone follow pro stock drag racing my cousin is greg anderson

Greg Anderson is the man!!!!

Bob Glidden is my all time favorite but I like Greg for taking out the Johnsons.

WhiteYFZ
02-09-2007, 03:32 PM

thats SICK i love that show.

MotoX3
02-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Well.....considering I'm a pretty big deal....I guess you could say I'm related to someone famous

juanki
02-09-2007, 05:40 PM
my dad's uncle was a governor of mexico state in the early 50's, he also was a diplomat in swisserland (SP) during ww2.
his name is in gold letters in the senate house in mexcio city.

400exrider0004
02-09-2007, 07:27 PM
I am related to the Beach Boys and my great grandmother invented the pop tart. If you guys want to hear how the pop tart was invented Ill give you the scoop:)

jlm996s
02-09-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm distantly related to the late Johnny Cash on my mom's side and Jesse James on my dad's side. One of my dad's great great aunt's was his sister...she later changed her last name to distance herself from him.

coolguy8769
02-09-2007, 09:32 PM
i cant beleive i forgot about my grandfather earlier, he passed away two years ago but is still a great influnece. In the 70's he was a US embassador in Africa (cant remember the country) then when he retaried from politics he became the US Post Master of Green Bay, Wisconsin

Tommy 17
02-10-2007, 09:42 AM
my cousin is one of the head engineers for dodge... he tells me all the time how they make him not design the cars to his full potential so they break...

he did work on the new viper, charger, pt cruiser, ram, and some new suv/hatchback i dunno what it was... he showed me a few blue prints of it on his last trip in...

i asked him one day if he could drive any car on the market for reliablity what would it be and he told me the honda ridgeline... he said that truck is over designed and built tuff in every department...

rancherrider69
02-10-2007, 10:48 AM
that jon guetter guy is my 2nd er mabe 3rd cousin

czrider263
02-10-2007, 10:56 AM
my cousin is the kicker for boston college LOL. does that count.

Dupontster
02-13-2007, 11:15 AM

He lived not too far from us....In Charles County...Waldorf area...

1fst400
02-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider0004
If you guys want to hear how the pop tart was invented Ill give you the scoop:)

please do.

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by 1fst400
please do.

It woul be better if you could just give me a hookup on pop tarts... or maybe send some my way so I can see what your talking about... I need visuals to understand the story...:devil:

02-13-2007, 12:09 PM
I dont but a couple uncles are millionars. My friends cuz is brittney spears.

clutch22
02-13-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm related to Andrew Austin.......
.... well he's not famous yet, but he will be someday :devil:

K_Fulk
02-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
My grandma from my dads side was related to George Custer. I can't remember the correct geneology behind it, but he was from New Rumley, OH. My grandma's family founded a town near there called Bowerston, OH. My grandma died several years ago so I can't ask her now but I know its between the Custer family and her family, the Bowers.

My grandpa has a old photo copied news paper article about my great great grandpa Fulk riding with Custer. Don't remember much about the article though.

About all my Grandpa has said about him was he would get so drunk he couldn't walk, but he could still ride a horse pretty good at that state.

Far from famous though.

EDIT : Found the article, web has everything http://www.rootsweb.com/~ohacogs/indians.html

hetrick_racing9
02-14-2007, 10:49 AM
IM RELATED TO PAUL BUNYAN BELEIVE IT OR NOT... pritty scary.. lmao my last name is bunyan.. and my great great grampa had sum sort of family tree thingy showing that we were related to paul bunyan the lumber jacker with a oxe.. some people think he wasnt real just fiction from a book .. but he was a real living man..

02-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by hetrick_racing9
IM RELATED TO PAUL BUNYAN BELEIVE IT OR NOT... pritty scary.. lmao my last name is bunyan.. and my great great grampa had sum sort of family tree thingy showing that we were related to paul bunyan the lumber jacker with a oxe.. some people think he wasnt real just fiction from a book .. but he was a real living man..

Why do the stories make him out to be huge taller than the trees?

hetrick_racing9
02-14-2007, 11:28 AM
he wus like 6'4 and really strong i dont kno.. someone i guess just made a more of a fairy tail book out of him one day

whiteflash
02-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Supra082891

Carbon fiber turbo eh? explain what that is....

get real....

1998 Toyota Supra TT (Not twin turbo anymore)

Garrett GT47 Turbo, Virtual Works Exhaust Manifold, Tial 44mm Wastegate, 1600cc Bosch Injectors, AEM EMS Computer, WOTM 10 Fuel Rail, Virtual Works Catback Exhaust, Unorthodox Racing Cam Gears and Pullies, Tilton Triple Disc Cluth, Carbon fiber turbo , Virtual Works 90mm Throttle Body, Micky T's, Sparco Milano Seats, TRD Hood, , Custom 40 over Bored Pistons, HKS Cams, and most importantly the Titan Motorsports Race Built Engine (17,500).
(PM me for all of the mods, over 50,000 dollars in mods. I own the fastest Supra in Connecticut)

:confused:

whiteflash
02-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by whiteflash
Carbon fiber turbo eh? explain what that is....

get real....

1998 Toyota Supra TT (Not twin turbo anymore)

Garrett GT47 Turbo, Virtual Works Exhaust Manifold, Tial 44mm (Wastegate, 1600cc Bosch Injectors, AEM EMS Computer, WOTM 10 Fuel Rail, Virtual Works Catback Exhaust, Unorthodox Racing Cam Gears and Pullies, Tilton Triple Disc Cluth, Carbon fiber turbo , Virtual Works 90mm Throttle Body, Micky T's, Sparco Milano Seats, TRD Hood, , Custom 40 over Bored Pistons, HKS Cams, and most importantly the Titan Motorsports Race Built Engine (17,500).
(PM me for all of the mods, over 50,000 dollars in mods. I own the fastest Supra in Connecticut)

:confused:

Just found this:

http://board.toyotas.de/thread.php?postid=1243064

(Look at the parts list midway through the page)

All the mods you "say" you have done are exactly what the Wide Open Throttle Motorsports Supra has done. You just saw his parts list and picked what mods sounded good. Supra082891, you're a joke! get a life and stop lying to people on the internet.....

m.h.s.c.#527
02-14-2007, 05:22 PM
my my grandmas sisters daghters boyfriend is seth enslow he does fmx on a dirt bike and hes pretty kool so hes my cuz

Tommy 17
02-14-2007, 07:23 PM
seth has a wife and daugher:confused:

m.h.s.c.#527
02-14-2007, 07:25 PM
nope he and christy split up and he has a daughter named cailee jordan shes pretty cute

firefighterjosh
02-14-2007, 07:35 PM
I am realted to Henry Kissinger

Woodsrider
02-14-2007, 08:25 PM
My wife is related to Clarence Darrow (Monkey Trials).

My grandfather isnt famous but he was a ACE fighter pilot in WWII. I have his GI Brietling pilots watch.

czrider263
02-14-2007, 08:31 PM
not related to but one of my dads best firends was the son of the man who started the armin hammer baking soda company.

scruff_mcruff
02-14-2007, 08:50 PM
i cant beleive i forgot about my grandfather earlier, he passed away two years ago but is still a great influnece. In the 70's he was a US embassador in Africa (cant remember the country) then when he retaried from politics he became the US Post Master of Green Bay, Wisconsin

and my grand father was the mayor of your town in the 80's, back when it was still a nice place.

FRESHY21
02-14-2007, 11:08 PM
my bestfrined i grade school is brent micheals (lead singer of posions) cousin... pretty cool i got to meet pam anderson one time at a concert

FRESHY21
02-14-2007, 11:10 PM
not excaclty famous but my brother and father responded to the flight 93 crash on sept. 11 2002 and cleane dup the wreckages for days afterwards and my brother grilfrineds step dad built the new retaining walls for ground zero in october 2001

FRESHY21
02-14-2007, 11:14 PM
few more i thought of ive personelly hung out with tony stewart, jeff gordon, casy kane, kenny wallace and i few other racer car driver when they race dirt track and i help adam jone's (fmx star) dad on his sprint car accosionally

coolguy8769
02-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by scruff_mcruff
and my grand father was the mayor of your town in the 80's, back when it was still a nice place.

which town? green bay or leesburg/aldie/ town in NOVA

250rAL
02-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by FRESHY21
my bestfrined i grade school is brent micheals (lead singer of posions) cousin... pretty cool i got to meet pam anderson one time at a concert

I thought it was "Bret".