PDA

View Full Version : on a island cant travel to new riding places

hawaiikfx400
02-07-2007, 09:52 PM
HAWAII. i love the weather the beaches and the people but its hard to find places to ride that are 1) not private tracks(dont know owners)2)public land that you get ticketed or kicked out.i know im complaining but oh well.dont know too many people that ride and never rode with anyone(in hawaii).well this is one reason for me moving(in the next 6mounths or sooner) and for my fiances job shes going to be a RN and we want to buy a house with property(i want to have my own track)and want to meet people to ride with that will progress my riding.oh ya were moving to washinton close to both familys and the OR dunes.well the worst part is im on in island and cant drive to another town city state to go ride.

Aceman
02-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Get ready for a major climate change.

hawaiikfx400
02-07-2007, 09:55 PM
i know but its worth the change to find more riding places:D

jokester
02-07-2007, 10:23 PM
come back around eagle point or butte falls....I could always use some more people to ride with;)

hawaiikfx400
02-08-2007, 12:49 AM
actually once i move i will be visiting the area regualarly and will be bringing the quad with me i want to ride some trails and tracks with my bro ill pm when the time comes.

wilkin250r
02-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm surrounded by hundreds of miles of open land. You can ride on ANY public land, and I'm close to dunes.

I tell you what. We'll trade. You take my house, I'll take yours... :devil:

c450Razy
02-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

I tell you what. We'll trade. You take my house, I'll take yours... :devil:

me too!!:p

jokester
02-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by hawaiikfx400
actually once i move i will be visiting the area regualarly and will be bringing the quad with me i want to ride some trails and tracks with my bro ill pm when the time comes.

ya that would be awsome! you'll definatley see a big difference on how everything has changed in the past years...eagle point is getting huge, and medford.... well I don't even feel like getting into that one...:eek:

hawaiikfx400
02-09-2007, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by jokester
ya that would be awsome! you'll definatley see a big difference on how everything has changed in the past years...eagle point is getting huge, and medford.... well I don't even feel like getting into that one...:eek: thats what ive heard i dont know if thats a good thing but thats why i like places like trail,shady cove and butte falls and some of the other places in OR that have more places to ride hunt ect.my old lady wants to go to washinton sooooo i guess its in between both familys and a little road trip to OR.i dont mind i just want more riding options and would like to find a trade school to go to.im a butcher by trade and looking for a more intresting job.

jlhughes750
02-09-2007, 11:05 AM
My first visit to the big island, I was amazed at how rural aeverything was.... I saw several local ride spots with mx tracks, and alot of people had ATV's!!

We (the wife's family) have a house and property off the mamalahoa highway just past Honokaa.. I kept hearing sounds echoing through the valley, so we went driving up on the mountain on some dirt roads and found 3 different places where people off loaded and started riding.. Most were probably private tracks... we stopped and just started shooting the breeze with some guys there riding......

AWSOME PLACE to hang for vacation!!! don't think I could move there till I give up racing forever!! your definetly on an island!!

jokester
02-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by hawaiikfx400
thats what ive heard i dont know if thats a good thing but thats why i like places like trail,shady cove and butte falls and some of the other places in OR that have more places to ride hunt ect.my old lady wants to go to washinton sooooo i guess its in between both familys and a little road trip to OR.i dont mind i just want more riding options and would like to find a trade school to go to.im a butcher by trade and looking for a more intresting job.

ya we still have a nice population of around 430 people or so in butte falls... shady cove and trail have expanded some but not as much as the citys farther out have... there is still a lot of good trails to ride out here in butte falls. Some of them are starting to get ruined though by the logging industry, on the other hand though they've also made some new trails to ride on so it all works out pretty good.