PDA

View Full Version : Need Brake Piston help!!!

stocktires
09-29-2002, 02:25 AM
I am rebuilding my R, and I have the brake pistons, but dont have the little pads that go in them and push against the brake pads. I cant buy these from service honda. only the entire pistons which are about $16-$22 each!!! And I need 4 of them!
Can I make some out of something else, or can I find some anywhere else? Please Help me out, I dont have the cash to spend $85 on something I could get almost free!
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanx

Leo
09-29-2002, 07:55 AM
are you talking about the little sheetmetal shim that clips to the back of the pads and goes betweend the pad + caliper?

if that's the case I wouldn't loose any sleep over it, most guys I've seen throw 'em away when they change pads anyway :D

Leo

stocktires
09-29-2002, 01:15 PM
I dont think so Leo,
It goes between the plastic PISTON and pad. Its glued into the piston and presses upon the pads.
It doesnt clip to the back of the pads, it glues into the pistons. And Honda doesnt sell JUST the little 1" circular things, only the piston w/ the circle thing on it which costs about $20 each.

09-29-2002, 01:56 PM
those are there to stop sweaking between the back of the pads and the piston.. really you should be fine with out them.

stocktires
09-29-2002, 03:08 PM
I dunno, I might just take them all out, but that doesnt feel right for sum reason.
The "things" make the pistons a lil big longer, that wouldnt have ANY affect on brakes? Would it sweak without them?
Does anyone know what their made out of?