PDA

View Full Version : rekluse clucth pro

hondamano4
02-07-2007, 05:48 PM
i cant wait my new rekluse clutch pro is going to be here tomorrow!!!!!

it like christmas all over again:D

trx450jason
02-07-2007, 08:55 PM
have to love the feeling of new parts

SwainRacing
02-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Mine should be here today. Not sure if I will get it in. I am leaving for Denver friday for 5 days of SnowBoarding. Will not get to ride it till later next week.

SwainRacing
02-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Well look what just showed up at my door!

SwainRacing
02-08-2007, 09:15 AM
So far I am very impressed with the quality of the Z-Start Pro!
Here is what you get:
Top plate looks like it is Stainless Steel instead of the billet one of the standard Z-Start. It also now bolts on wit a T20 bolt instead of the small T10s.
Pressure plate has some major changes. It is now thicker and has large round holes instead of the small rectangle slots it had before.

SwainRacing
02-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Here is the new REKLUSE Billet Center Clutch. Notice the half round slots the drive plates slide down over. You mus now use all REKLUSE drive plates. The 8 plates are all the same thickness, except one that is used to tighten up the install gap.

SwainRacing
02-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Where I see the most improvement is in the Rotating Hub Assembly. Much more heavy duty that the orginal one.

SwainRacing
02-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Rotating Hub

SwainRacing
02-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Rotating hub 2

SwainRacing
02-08-2007, 09:34 AM
The rotating hub now slides into the center clutch and is heald in place with a retaining ring.

SwainRacing
02-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Depending on which RPM Engagement you chose, determines how many balls you use and what springs to use.
Medium RPM, Hard enguage - Black & Red spring with 27 balls
High RPM, Hard enguage- Red & Red spring with 27 balls
Medium RPM, Softer enguage- Black & red spring 24 balls
High RPM, Softer enguage- Red & Red spring 24 balls.

SwainRacing
02-08-2007, 09:49 AM
They now supply 2 wire guages for checking the gap. But you can still use the feeler guages to see where you gap is at.

If you have run the old Z-Start, you will not have any problem installing the Pro. It is pretty easy by the looks of it. I will not be able to install mine till next week sometime. I will try to take pics of the install and post also. You also dont use the pearch adjuster with this set up. You do your adjustments with the balls and spring and adjusting your idle.

02-08-2007, 10:07 AM
hmmm...

glad to see the perch adjuster go...do you think it will require any less maintenance? i know they claim it to, but...

i like so far, i am in pa too, if you want, i can come get it and test it ot on my r for the week...:D

looking forward to see how it all goes

SwainRacing
02-08-2007, 10:12 AM
speedyquad, I know they say not as much maintenance, but I think it is all in how you ride with it. If you are very aggressive I still think you are going to have to check it regularly. They only send you one Drive plate for adjustment. I guess we will find out soon enough when we get some people out there using them.

02-08-2007, 10:30 AM
can't wait...i am considering one...i liked the rekluse but sold it becuase i thought i was selling the r...now i still have th r but no rekluse...i'll give this one some time for real world testing before i buy a replacement

hondamano4
02-08-2007, 05:07 PM
i just got mine today to. i cant wait to get it install i am going to hopely have mine in by friday night. i glad to see u love rekluse. because i figured everone would just get are here a talk bad about rekluse clutch

Sjorge450R
02-09-2007, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by hondamano4
i just got mine today to. i cant wait to get it install i am going to hopely have mine in by friday night. i glad to see u love rekluse. because i figured everone would just get are here a talk bad about rekluse clutch

i have the regular one in my R and I love it. NOthing like messing up in a turn or on a landing on a jump and not having to worry about it.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-09-2007, 08:41 AM
C&D Racing is an autherised installation and tuning center for Rekluse clutchs. We have installed countless z-start clutchs here and have always been impressed with the clutch. I installed the first pro start clutch last week in a yfz and must say I liked all the improvements made by Rekluse. This clutch should be the clutch of choice for racers on an ATV. The new pro start will require less maintence when setup correctly and will work in a lot wider range of gap than the std zstart without slipping. If you are intersted in a rekluse clutch or want more info give us a call.

GOTFEAR
02-10-2007, 08:24 PM
I need two for a 250r could you get theis maid I have spoken to some one a few months ago and say maybe

sunco
02-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Colby, I bought a precision stabilzer from you @ x-mas time. Thanx. My question is I have an 04 450R. I never did any thing to the clutch. My last ride ,It was beat. I was in the shop & I turned the adjustment on the left side to the end - Yeah I have clutch again. How long is that gonna last? I never did any clutch work but I hate kick starting. Everyone rides off while...... About the rekluse. What it gonna cost , should I just ride till I have no clutch. Share you input if you would. Thank you. Don

Sjorge450R
02-22-2007, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by sunco
Colby, I bought a precision stabilzer from you @ x-mas time. Thanx. My question is I have an 04 450R. I never did any thing to the clutch. My last ride ,It was beat. I was in the shop & I turned the adjustment on the left side to the end - Yeah I have clutch again. How long is that gonna last? I never did any clutch work but I hate kick starting. Everyone rides off while...... About the rekluse. What it gonna cost , should I just ride till I have no clutch. Share you input if you would. Thank you. Don

you will still need to get new fibers either way. The rekluse doesnt come with new fibers. Only soem plates that are needed.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-22-2007, 08:39 AM
I agree it is always a good idea to start off with a fresh set of fiber plates. You will also want to look at your basket if it is worn and has groving it can and will effect the performacne of the rekluse.

The new prostart clutch was designed to eliminate any problems that atv riders had with the z start clutch. When proper installed and maintained ( change your oil) the new prostart should only need an adjustment after a full season and then a new clutch pack after the second season.

The prostart clutch is $100 more than the zstart clutch I can send you a PM with pricing.

SUNCO do you have a rekluse now ? or are you having problems with you std clutch?

sunco
02-22-2007, 08:55 PM
I do not have a rekluse now. I've used all the clutch adjustment available. My clutch works, but as I stated ,for how long. Nothing worst than starting the season riding & then its time to fix something.

SwainRacing
02-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Sorry I forgot to take my camera when I installed the new Pro Clutch last week. It was very easy to install. If you are upgrading from the standard REKLUSE Z-Start, dont forget to take out the little puck in the through out bearing. I raced with it last weekend at the Motorama event in Hassisburg, PA and it worked great!

hondamano4
02-24-2007, 09:08 AM
i got mine installed the day after i got it and i had to ride in the cold but i couldnt wait to see how it did and i got to it is awsome. i had a lot of problem with my old z start clutch want to chatter a lot. i went and ride it hard and try to get to chatter but i could not. does not stall as easy eiather. ALL I GOT TO SAY IS THAT I LOVE THE PRO A LOT MORE !!!!!

czrider263
02-24-2007, 09:10 AM
I really want one.

I think that i will be buying one soon.

hondamano4
02-24-2007, 01:36 PM
belive me u will love. everone thinks they are for ***** that dont know how ride but i am not say i am the graets. i didnt like have to slip the clutch all the time to take off when i ride in the the woods. i a lot better than trash ur clutch basket