PDA

View Full Version : Trashed rhino tranny

Bloodyfast450
02-07-2007, 01:10 PM
My luck sucks lately:
Yesterday I trashed my rhino engine/trans. It wont pull and it is leaking some oill near the crankcase oil plug. Dealer said Im looking at 3 grand, cause he just fixed one. Is this a common problem? I had it stood up going over a little hill. Then the front end comes down and something snaps. Sounds terrible. Johnboy

firefighterjosh
02-08-2007, 02:43 AM
What exactly let go? The crank?

Bloodyfast450
02-08-2007, 07:21 AM
Its between the crank and the v belt drive pulley. Dealer called it differential. Im going to raise hell with Yamaha if they dont fix it. I ended up fixing my YFZ 450 myself cause the dealer didnt want to try replacing the cdi box under warranty. Thing started missing like crazy after it was 1 week old. They should be a contact with Yamaha USA to report this kind of crap. They are ur best friend till u have trouble. Johnboy

Bloodyfast450
02-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Found someone at Yamaha USA that checked my situation out. I was out of warranty 5 days when it let go. They are gonna take care of it. I was about sick over it, but all is good now. I was running a completely stock machine with well worn tires. Pays to have the Yamaha Extended Service. Ill be buying 3 years worth went they fix my machine..Johnboy

firefighterjosh
02-11-2007, 08:51 AM
glad tp here it worked out for ya

Pro Wrench
02-13-2007, 05:14 PM
I think your reffering to the "middle drive gear". Thats the correct name anyhow.