PDA

View Full Version : steering stabilizer questions

John Pennella
02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Could any one just tell me abit about what these stabilizers do, if they really work, and if they bolt right up to a stock quad. I do lots of rocky trails and they sound like they will put the rider through less abuse which is always good. Thanks.

02-07-2007, 12:05 PM
since you ride rocky trails, you will notice a difference immediately...you will wonder why you didn't buy one sooner and you will never ride without another one again...

yes they bolt to a stock quad. if you get the stick type, it clamps to your steering stem adn your frame. essentially, it is just a gas filled shock.

svahle
02-07-2007, 12:35 PM
There are a few different types. The "stick" style stabalizers are cheapest and are still effective. I would recommend getting one that is rebuildable as they do wear out over time. I do not have experience with the other types.

I ran a Denton rebuildable stabalizer until the shaft snapped. It was fabulous until it broke. I do intend to replace it with the same or similar type.

I agree with the above response. They work great and you will wonder why you didn't buy one sooner.

nicker71
02-07-2007, 02:26 PM
I just put one on mine. It was the first time ever riding with one, Iwish it would have been the first . I feel a big difference. I run a rebuildable denton.

John Pennella
02-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Wow I'm definently gonna take your word for it. Sounds like a good thing to have. Only thing is Im talking about ones like this on the link. Is it the same thing as the shock set up. Also the shock one goes where the tie rods connect to the stem right.
http://scottsonline.com/photo.php?ID=737

SwainRacing
02-07-2007, 05:42 PM
The stick ones attach to the stem not where the tie rods connect. They send you a clamp that bolts to your stem and then the stick type mount to the clamp and then it also clamps to the frame. Thes type work good, but if you have the extra money I would suggest one of the puck type like that mount to your lower frame or like the one you have in the link.