PDA

View Full Version : EHS Racing lid question???

Woodsracer400ex
02-07-2007, 10:39 AM
My 06 450er has an EHS racing lid, it was like this when I bought it. Will this be ok for muddy/wet GNCC races? I haven't ran in mudd yet but was wondering if it is good or bad idea? I live in North Florida and the terrrian has a lot of mudd here esp. when it rains, and the place they are having the FL Gncc is known for turning into a muddy one if it rains, and we have been getting plenty of that lately. Anyone with experience with these please let me know. Thanks.

thump4863
02-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Go run it under your faucet you will be very suprised. I ran the outerwear box cover not the ehs but it uses the same material. I ran this for 2+ years in XC races and never had a problem. If water gets there it usually collects on top of the box then rolls off of it.

02-07-2007, 11:05 AM
I use one and race XC with no problems so far. I race in the FTR Quad Senior class. What calss are you in? Are you going to the GNCC in Vero Beach on March 3-4?

nowukno
02-07-2007, 11:12 AM
I have an EHS & a outerwear on my K&N and never had any issues while riding real muddy trails.

Woodsracer400ex
02-07-2007, 11:34 AM
I just got off the phone with them and they said a lot of gncc guys run them and they work great. I race FTR XC 50AA I have been out a few seasons due to college but will be back next season. Yes I am planning on running the GNCC race. Really wanted to go to the last QS but had to work. Lot of pro's were there, would have got my *** handed to me so kinda glad I did not come back for a race after two years off. But heard it was a good one.

02-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Those guys were haulin butt. I will be at the GNCC also.

Dave400ex
02-07-2007, 01:37 PM
I have an EHS lid and ran it at the Ironman and it seemed to work pretty good. I ran it off one race and I could tell a big difference.