PDA

View Full Version : Making an 06 Outlaw Faster?

NVMYRC
02-07-2007, 10:05 AM
I am looking to wake up an 06 Outlaw 500. What intake is suggested, looking for a larger flange and quality filter and where can I find it? Any other suggestions would be great too. Thanks.

Craig,

calds650
02-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Pipe, the Pure Polaris WB foam air filter kit, stock carb mod.

ScramblerXLE
02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Nicholas Cycle (http://www.nicholascycle.com/) is the guy to talk to about buildin' the Fuji 500 engine. Email him, he can do amazing things with that motor. The 574 kit with all the fixin's puts it up to around 90HP. Not bad from the high-forties stock. (if you don't believe me, don't razz me, check the site.) Hope this helps :)

sandmanblue
02-07-2007, 01:13 PM
How much money are you willing to spend? That pretty much dictates how much faster you're gonna go.

Like they say - "How fast do you want to spend?"

NVMYRC
02-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Stock Carb Mod? Any info on it? Already picked up a intake kit, jet kit and until it is decided what pipe to go with the baffle will be pulled. As far as money goes not really an obstacle. The point is we just want to do Intake, Jetting, Full Exhaust, and maybe possibly headwork and cams but that would absolutely be it.

RE: ScramblerXLE, 90hp from a 754cc's? I am assuming an alcohol and nitrous motor but by looking at what they use it for I would guess otherwise. You do know that is virtually impossible though right? I could see somewhere in the 60's maybe even 70's if they are really good. I haven't heard of anybody pulling those kinds of numbers out of 4-stroke quad motors, without nitrous, and even then those motors are purpose built drag only powerplants. I know of an 804cc Drag Raptor motor that is on alky that doesn't put that out until you hit it with nitrous. Just a thought, might be worth following up on.

Craig,