PDA

View Full Version : 07 450r

miami305
02-07-2007, 08:22 AM
just a quick question. i have a 07 450r e start and wanted to know if i am gonna have problems with e start in the long run and how can i avoid it. thanxs

komatsu kid
02-07-2007, 08:27 AM
dont give it any gas when starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-07-2007, 08:33 AM
the best starting procedure is to turn on the choke, the key, the kill switch, hit the throttle 5 times quickly, then get your hand as far away from the throttle as possible and then you can puch the little magic button...it will fire rieght up with no probs

BSTURDIVANT
02-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Change the oil often and never with anything over 40 wt!!!

mymastifftucker
02-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Biggest thing seem to be not holding the starter button in for long periods. Hold for no more than 5-6 seconds and then stop for 5-6 seconds. Once you get the jetting right they seem to start a lot easier.

miami305
02-07-2007, 12:07 PM
thanx for the help guys another thing i am getting a dasa muffler they tell me i have to jet it wat does that mean and how do i do it. plz help i am a newbie to this thanx

02-07-2007, 12:27 PM
the jets are in your carb. the carb controls the air/fuel mixture.

jetting is essentially changin out the fuel delivery "jets" in the carb. to level out or optimize the air fuel mixture .

i'll explain this as easy as i possibly can...

when you add an aftermarket exhuast, you are taking the exhuast gases out of the combustion chamber faster due to less restriction in the airflow. that in turn causes the motor to pull more air in(this is the reason an aftermarket filter should be installed at the same time as the exhuast). since there is more air going into the motor, there is a lean condition created. a lean condition is bad for the motor so you must increase the fuel going into the motor.