PDA

View Full Version : DRZ Kit

xraven35
02-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Is it really worth it? How much does it improve performance?

jonboy
02-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Yes, it bumps up the compression, and the dual rate springs help with higher revs. Definately go with the drz timing chain also. I installed that kit on a friends Z and it made a great improvement in low and mid power. He already had a pipe and K&N and open airbox and jets.

mbjtlr
02-07-2007, 09:33 AM
What all does the kit contain and where do you get it?

jonboy
02-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Try this

www.advantagecyclelc.com

When you get to their site, go to Products, then there will be a catagory box on the left. Go to Engine. Then scroll down to the DRZe kit. It will list everything that is included.

z40021
02-08-2007, 06:47 PM
If you get it go with advantage cycle lc and I would recomend getting the Kibble White valves. Since you will have to do the springs, cause the stocl vlves are 2 piece and wear fast and can fail.

xraven35
02-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Got the kit on the way from Advantage and Kibblewhites on the way as well.... going to port and polish while the head is off. Will post back and tell how the updates went.... thanks.

xraven35
02-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Question: Am I going to have to buy a rev box?

z40021
02-09-2007, 01:27 PM
you dont have to but it would be a nice add.

tlronny
02-11-2007, 11:35 PM
I have recently added the Drz kit along with a Hotcams intake and a DRZe exhaust cam and can say that it is well worth it.
The revbox is a must do as well to fully appreciate the other mods.
I did it all myself with basic tools and a workshop manual and it goes wayyy better now especially from mid to high revs !

tlronny
02-11-2007, 11:37 PM
I forgot to add that Dyna or Vortex make the best boxs and if you can afford them then get one of those instead of the Procom style ones and their clones.

z40021
02-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Ya if you get a CDi I would go for a Vortex or Dyna if you have the money. Otherwards the White Brose arent bad. Thats what I have and a couple other people on here have with out probs. But the procoms are garbage I here.

tlronny
02-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Dont forget that White Bros is a Procom and so is Big Gun etc

rockman
02-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by jonboy
Try this

www.advantagecyclelc.com

When you get to their site, go to Products, then there will be a catagory box on the left. Go to Engine. Then scroll down to the DRZe kit. It will list everything that is included.

Nice job jonboy! (as usual).. I went with this kit and it helped out greatly. When I installed this i went with the procom cdi (was a while back, don't get one!) and my pro circuit exhaust, and pro flow kit, along with jet kit of course. The added compression really compliments the other mods. And now with my 440 and high comp its even more important to have the drz valve springs. I really would hate to see a valve kiss the piston! :eek2:

Just wanted to add, i bought the advantage cycle kit back in July of '06 so i'm not sure if they changed anything, but i doubt it. It was put together very well and was a great deal I thought!

xraven35
02-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Well, in the process of installing my kit. MY VALVES WERE SHOTTTTTT. i was leaking air back into the intake. you can tell by the way the carbon buildup was. Im lucky i did this before it got out of hand. The guy thats helping me is doing my head polish tomorrow and he said he needs to check the valve guides because they were kinda loose. I have no idea what that means but, okay. Word of the wise.... REPLACE YOUR STOCK VALVES. Atleast my piston is still in good shape.

jonboy
02-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks Rock I try to help as much as possible when I can.:D

Xraven35 Does this person that is doing the port and polish on your head have a flow bench? There are people out there that will do the work without one and without they can really screw up a good head by not getting a good balance on the intake and exhaust ports. Just thought I would ask so you can ask to see the flow readings.

drzoo2
02-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by jonboy
Thanks Rock I try to help as much as possible when I can.:D

Xraven35 Does this person that is doing the port and polish on your head have a flow bench? There are people out there that will do the work without one and without they can really screw up a good head by not getting a good balance on the intake and exhaust ports. Just thought I would ask so you can ask to see the flow readings.

If Peewee was still around he would say the same thing. He always claimed that if the person doing the porting didn't know what they were doing it would ruin the head since it flows pretty good anyway.

z

Flynbryan19
02-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by xraven35
Well, in the process of installing my kit. MY VALVES WERE SHOTTTTTT. i was leaking air back into the intake. you can tell by the way the carbon buildup was. Im lucky i did this before it got out of hand. The guy thats helping me is doing my head polish tomorrow and he said he needs to check the valve guides because they were kinda loose. I have no idea what that means but, okay. Word of the wise.... REPLACE YOUR STOCK VALVES. Atleast my piston is still in good shape.

Did you ever check your stock valve clearances? If you would have it would have told you that your valves were going. Glad you caught it in time though. ;)

xraven35
02-20-2007, 02:09 PM
yeah, dont worry, i took it to a professional machine shop, they know what they're doing.

I did check my clearances and I knew they they were bad, it was just funny how bad they actually were. The edges of the intake valves, especially one of them, was like a razor. lol It was CUPPED. You can see where carbon was goin back through the intake. For all you guys out there who's intake valve clearance keeps shrinking... THIS IS WHY. Take it from me. GET KIBBLEWHITES, its not even that expensive.

Like you said though, Glad i caught it in time.