PDA

View Full Version : cycras on flexx bars

h-bomb450R
02-06-2007, 09:41 PM
im trying to order a set..but i dont know what set up i have to get for them to work with the flexx bars....

anyone know?

Prey
02-06-2007, 09:52 PM
ya, you gotta get the pro-bends. they hook inot the handle bar ends, then on the other side of the bark buster you have to make a braket out of flat stock metal to go from the bark buster to where you run the bolt through the handle bars at the pivot point, i can post some pics up tomorrow if you want

h-bomb450R
02-06-2007, 09:57 PM
oh i was pretty sure they just bolted up. yeah post some pics if you dont mind.

Prey
02-06-2007, 10:00 PM
ill get some pics up tomorrow, they do not bolt right up unless cycra has recently released a new bracket system for them

thump4863
02-07-2007, 09:15 AM
http://www.fasstcompany.com/products/flexx/handguards.shtml

Get the BRP adapters. Thats what I use on my cycras and it works great.

Prey
02-07-2007, 11:42 AM
here is what i came up with before there were any clamp kits, i never had it PC'd but i need to LOL, cost me like $2 for some flat stock metal

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/kstanka/DSC01224.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/kstanka/DSC01223.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/kstanka/DSC01222.jpg

Flynbryan19
02-07-2007, 11:56 AM
That looks very weak.

A A R O N
02-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
That looks very weak.

....then you've obviously under estimated the power of metal in general....hand guards aren't meant to withstand running into a tree or anything....that rig will easily withstand any normal abuse a regular handguard would encounter:rolleyes:

Prey
02-07-2007, 12:13 PM
That looks very weak.

not only is that machine my XC racer, it is also my MX back-up machine.

between the gnc, gncc, agp, district 7 and pratice, that machine has been flipped more times last year than most people will flip in a lifetime, the frame has multiple cracks and i have been through a steering stem and a bunch of other parts......

but i have yet to have a problem with the hand gaurds or the brakets i made.

Flynbryan19
02-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
....then you've obviously under estimated the power of metal in general....hand guards aren't meant to withstand running into a tree or anything....that rig will easily withstand any normal abuse a regular handguard would encounter:rolleyes:

And you've obviously never raced a dirtbike in XC or harescrambles. I've tagged trees hard enough with Cycras to stop me dead in my tracks. Yes, they can withstand hitting trees. Mx handguards could be used if you weren't worried about hitting trees and limbs. That metal stock will bend LONG before those cycras. You can :rolleyes: at me all you want, but I know first hand what those guards can take.

But, I'm glad they've worked for you Prey.

SwainRacing
02-07-2007, 02:13 PM
I spent about $3 on my mounts at the local hardware store. Got 2 long nuts and 2 long bolts. No problems yet!

SwainRacing
02-07-2007, 02:14 PM
another view.

Prey
02-07-2007, 02:18 PM
And you've obviously never raced a dirtbike in XC or harescrambles. I've tagged trees hard enough with Cycras to stop me dead in my tracks. Yes, they can withstand hitting trees. Mx handguards could be used if you weren't worried about hitting trees and limbs. That metal stock will bend LONG before those cycras. You can :rolleyes: at me all you want, but I know first hand what those guards can take.

i cant possibly fathom how you managed to hit a tree so hard with the hand gaurd it stopped the machine (unless it was a dirt bike), but i am sure you did, but i think you need to work hard at trying to race then test your hand gaurds LOL

i was going to say the reason they work is trees always hit on the outside, the guards are round which helps in making it a glancing blow. additionally with the tree hitting the outside of the gaurds, all the energy from the hit is absorbed in the mount that bolts into the end of the handle bar.

A A R O N
02-07-2007, 03:59 PM

There's no way you hit a tree with your hand guards on a quad.....maybe a tree branch or limb, but not a tree (trunk itself). I don't think a small limb would stop the quad completely either. Unless one was sticking straight out the side of a hill it would hit your bumper, a-arms, wheel, and fenders WELL before it would make it to your hand guards:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol.

(unless of course the tree slipped in behind your a-arms when you weren't looking.....then it would be possible)

Here's an illustration if you don't understand...

Luv2Gamble
02-07-2007, 04:34 PM
That picture is simply amazing!

A A R O N
02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
It's new age........"detail representative abstract"

Broken down: A picture drawn, painted, or in any way created to represent specific details, but so jumbled up and/or wacked out that the term "abstract" must be attached to the label to preserve the work and/or artist's integrity. :p

SwainRacing
02-07-2007, 05:45 PM
I could't have drawn a better picture! LOL

jeepnrocks
02-07-2007, 09:32 PM
my setup is similar. i used the mounts that cycra sent with the handguards. I had to do mine a little different becasue i have the wider cycra handlebars. This setup has held up very well for me also
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/jeepnrocks/tech/cmount3copy.jpg

h-bomb450R
02-07-2007, 10:52 PM
well on the flexx website it says if u use the brp brackets then u can use any standard handguard....does that mean that i can use rally 2's?

Flynbryan19
02-08-2007, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by A A R O N
There's no way you hit a tree with your hand guards on a quad.....maybe a tree branch or limb, but not a tree (trunk itself). I don't think a small limb would stop the quad completely either. Unless one was sticking straight out the side of a hill it would hit your bumper, a-arms, wheel, and fenders WELL before it would make it to your hand guards:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol.

(unless of course the tree slipped in behind your a-arms when you weren't looking.....then it would be possible)

Here's an illustration if you don't understand...

You didn't bother to read my post did ya homie? I said I was on a dirtbike. I agree it'd be hard to stop a quad dead from hitting a tree with your bars. The only way you can hit one with the bars on a quad usually is on off-chambers. I was testifying to the strength of the guards more then trying to state it could be done on a quad.

And nice picture. lol :D

Flynbryan19
02-08-2007, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by h-bomb450R
well on the flexx website it says if u use the brp brackets then u can use any standard handguard....does that mean that i can use rally 2's?

Yes.