PDA

View Full Version : raced an LTR

Zeke
02-06-2007, 07:46 PM
This weekend i raced my buddies zuk 450 againts my 06 r. He has the cherrybomb kit lid removed and uncorked pipe. I have the hrc kit running no lid too. Both on 18" tires. We raced 3 times on pavment and every time it was dead nuts until 4th gear. Then every time i started to pull him. just thought i would share another 450r beating an ltr450!! BTW it was an pretty intense drag.

josh30917
02-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Zeke
This weekend i raced my buddies zuk 450 againts my 06 r. He has the cherrybomb kit lid removed and uncorked pipe. I have the hrc kit running no lid too. Both on 18" tires. We raced 3 times on pavment and every time it was dead nuts until 4th gear. Then every time i started to pull him. just thought i would share another 450r beating an ltr450!! BTW it was an pretty intense drag.
:eek2:

MX MaNiAc 06
02-06-2007, 08:29 PM
My piped 06 vs my buddys cherry bomb, no baffle, no lid LTR. Its not even a race. I murder him every time.

CHEVYZ
02-07-2007, 04:23 AM
I have not had ANY of them beat me yet....and I run nearly every one that I see. Actually, my 400EX outruns most of the LTRs in my area. :ermm:

Speed_MDS2
02-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
I have not had ANY of them beat me yet....and I run nearly every one that I see. Actually, my 400EX outruns most of the LTRs in my area. :ermm:

Dude, a 400ex is not gonna beat a properly set-up ltr. I've gotta buddie thats got a nice running 12.1 426ex with a cam and that can't even touch my LTR. All the 450's are so close, its ALL rider. You must be a good rider though to beat an LTR with your 400! LOL.

Speed_MDS2
02-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
My piped 06 vs my buddys cherry bomb, no baffle, no lid LTR. Its not even a race. I murder him every time.

The stock pipe with baffle out on the LTR is a horrible pipe for drags, its all low end. An LTR with an aftermarket exhaust will "murder" an LTR with the stock uncorked.

CHEVYZ
02-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Speed_MDS2
Dude, a 400ex is not gonna beat a properly set-up ltr. I've gotta buddie thats got a nice running 12.1 426ex with a cam and that can't even touch my LTR. All the 450's are so close, its ALL rider. You must be a good rider though to beat an LTR with your 400! LOL. I beg to differ. Granted, my 400EX is far from the fastest thing on the planet, but I would be willing to bet that anyone who has ridden with me would be willing to back up my claim. I wasn't saying to sound all high and mighty, but just sharing my experiences. If you truly feel it is wrong, then disprove my statement...don't forget that unless you relate the info to me directly, you are not disproving anything that I have said on my experiences.

tooanxiousii
02-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Speed_MDS2
Dude, a 400ex is not gonna beat a properly set-up ltr. I've gotta buddie thats got a nice running 12.1 426ex with a cam and that can't even touch my LTR. All the 450's are so close, its ALL rider. You must be a good rider though to beat an LTR with your 400! LOL.

I know one guy with a LTR and last three time we raced I beat him by over 10 quad or more not even a race... :devil: :devil:

And for the 426ex if your LTR was stock the 426ex would have won!!!!

quader400
02-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Dude, a 400ex is not gonna beat a properly set-up ltr.

i also beg to differ. my buddies 400ex im sure could beat most 450's but of coarse he does have extensive motor work.

roundsy
02-07-2007, 05:01 PM
theres no sense arguing over "i saw a 400 ex beat a ltr" or "my ltr beat a 450r, so the 450r sucks"..etc etc. unless you acount in all the factors. how long was the drag? what was the surface? rider experience, weight? gearing? modifications? and so on....

and to answer the 400ex beating an ltr, the stock ltrs are very corked up and geared very low, if the drag was long enough and the 400ex was lighty modded and geared to top out higher then the ltr, the 400ex wuld win, so it is possible

Zeke
02-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Over the summer I raced the same guy with the same ltr and mods on a 300ft dirt/sand strip. scince he has stock tires and was complaining about traction I put my stock tires back on. With the stock tires I would consitantly beat him buy a half to one bike. FYI we raced about 20 times. He beat me a few times though. Seems like the 20" tires work better in this type if dirt.

quadgod440ex
02-08-2007, 01:33 PM
my 400ex had a 12.5.1 Je piston bored .40 over with a hot cam stage 2 , 38mm flatside carb , uni filter , Hinson clutch , Curtis sparks Valves and valve springs and mild port work and would destroy ltr450's , Yfz450's and banshees , even beat a few honda 450's . And yes most of these quads had decent amount of mods done. Dont under estimate a 400ex . If u get the right setup them quads can be badass.

Flodies400ex
02-08-2007, 05:08 PM

here we go again lol another pathetic post lol 400ex beat 450 give me a break

CHEVYZ
02-08-2007, 07:13 PM
...because we all know how 400EX biased I am toward the 450s in general. :rolleyes:

The only thing pathetic are the guys getting stomped by an EX.

And BTW, the comment on the EX was hardly a statement to even back it up in that sense....it was actually an addition to what was said before it in that the LTRs-at least around here-can't hold their own in the drags against other bikes.

400eXr1d3rZ
02-08-2007, 07:23 PM
I beg to differ. Granted, my 400EX is far from the fastest thing on the planet, but I would be willing to bet that anyone who has ridden with me would be willing to back up my claim. I wasn't saying to sound all high and mighty, but just sharing my experiences. If you truly feel it is wrong, then disprove my statement...don't forget that unless you relate the info to me directly, you are not disproving anything that I have said on my experiences.

CHEVYZ 400ex will kill near anything :blah:

He kicked my *** :p

And I drag raced a ltr450, he had it filtered, and baffle removed. I smoked him, he started to pass me when I got to about 4th gear.

TWILES
02-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06

I have no problem with that one. I have a stock 04 and I took a LTR for a spin at the local shop with a Yoshi pipe, Cherry Bomb, and lid off and was amazed. I thought the 450R was weak. Its a F1 car compared to the Suzuki with power inhancing parts added to boot.

mymastifftucker
02-09-2007, 12:05 PM
...because we all know how 400EX biased I am toward the 450s in general. :rolleyes:

The only thing pathetic are the guys getting stomped by an EX.

And BTW, the comment on the EX was hardly a statement to even back it up in that sense....it was actually an addition to what was said before it in that the LTRs-at least around here-can't hold their own in the drags against other bikes.
looks like a lot of 450's in the garage to be 400ex biased!

Nate_450R
02-09-2007, 12:53 PM
i rode an LTR the other day and was very dissapointed. the thing had absolutely no torque at all. was terrible with hill climbs i canstantly beat him with my 04' R. the only thing he had going for him was on the track, once he had his momentum up he was able to keep it. so, im not surprised that any of you/us on R's and can beat them. and i could see the 400ex beating them on a drag race no problem. but what do i know. and anyone who doesnt agree feel free to rip this apart just like you dont chevyz because quite frankly i dont give a f**k, we are all just sharing our own experiences.

sandmanblue
02-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
CHEVYZ 400ex will kill near anything :blah:

He kicked my *** :p

And I drag raced a ltr450, he had it filtered, and baffle removed. I smoked him, he started to pass me when I got to about 4th gear.

You "smoked him" and he "started to pass (you) when you got to about 4th gear"????? :rolleyes:

What I read from that is that after you got through 4th gear, he was ahead of you.... So, he won...

Just trying to help you makes sense there bud. Cuz what you said is contradictory.

450r ride red
02-09-2007, 04:22 PM
zeke were at in wisconsin u located

SHIFTx450
02-10-2007, 12:13 AM
yea.. all the 450's are pretty close.. but the honda is a honda. nothing rides like it. i've been riding for 11 years, and when i bought my 06er, it was like learning how to ride all over agaain. aint nothing eve rride like this thing. i love it. the only bike that ever comes close to it, is the 250r.. HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeke
02-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by 450r ride red
zeke were at in wisconsin u located

I am 17 and I live in West Salem. It is right outside of La Crosse. I do most of my riding at Burr Oak, a small town that is about 10 to 15 miles north of West Salem. They have pretty good trail and a sweet drag strip! BTW West Salem is east of La Crosse/Onalaska.

400eXr1d3rZ
02-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by sandmanblue
You "smoked him" and he "started to pass (you) when you got to about 4th gear"????? :rolleyes:

What I read from that is that after you got through 4th gear, he was ahead of you.... So, he won...

Just trying to help you makes sense there bud. Cuz what you said is contradictory.

I was thinking someone was going to say that while i was typing, shut your mouth, you know what I mean. I smoked him off the line.