PDA

View Full Version : how do you built it?

woodsracer144
02-06-2007, 05:25 PM
ok i have the ok to make a yz426 hybrid in class out the frame of my choice and i have found alot of info on the 400ex frame and what you have to do, does anyone have any tips or anyhing that will help me get through this, i wanna take it step by stem and build it from scrach with good parts, but i want it done right, i know that i can buy mount kits i just dont know who all from i know ss400ex made them but no longer does, and i know that you need a spacer in the swinger bolt with a sleeve ive been told east coast atv or something like that makes them, any think will help, im only 15 and i want a a brain teaser and somethign that will make me thing but it has alot of power, thanks for all your help!
i have dont a motor swap with a blaster due to me hitin a tree but it was way to easy, if i would of had all the part i could of did it all in about 4hrs mabie faster

250x_kyle
02-11-2007, 03:06 PM
well first off if u cant make your own mounts and brackets you should not be doing this project. secondly if u choose a 400ex frame cut all the oil box and motor mounts off. leave your aibox in when u set the motor in just to have an idea how much room you have. put the swinger bolt threw the rear motor mount. then put pieces (shims) of wood under the motor until its at the right level. then make brackets. weld tabs on to the frame that you can bolt the brackets on to. remove the wood shims and then bolt the motor up for the bottom and front mounts. then make top mounts. as far as that you motor will be in place. then you will need to weld up or find a way to make an oil tank fit the frame leavign room for the radiator.

woodsracer144
02-12-2007, 08:16 PM
yeah im not gonna do it any more becasue the 400ex i was gonna but a guy beat me to it, so im just gonna mod my blaster out untill i cant do anything els to it