PDA

View Full Version : stock 400ex tires with ice screws?

sprt400ex
10-22-2001, 01:19 PM
can you tell me if this is a good idea? will it make a big difference in the snow? will it be better for deep snow covered roads and some trails? thanks also what size screws would i need if i do this? thanks again

trueblue450
10-22-2001, 04:33 PM
Uhh I believe I talked to someone who did this before... They had round head screws and drilled them into the tread. I would guess it would help out a lot on ice and snow a bit. But do you wanna mess with all that drillin and stuff... But I doubt it matters what size screws you use, just not to long.

400exRacerX
10-22-2001, 06:34 PM
i would just buy some cheng sing ice tires for 32 bucks a tire, and stud them. they have a hard rubber so the studs dont come out as easy. you can see advertisements for them in a atvsport of 4 wheel atv action mag. i believe the companys name is "recreational tires". the only bad thing about studding the stock tires is that they are a soft compound and the screws would come out easy, and you have to be consatnly re studding your tires. i strongly reccomend buying all your stuff now because when winter comes veryone will be sold out. i already have my studs and a new set of cheng sing ice tires.