PDA

View Full Version : 250r experts..go here.

300exazzkikr
09-28-2002, 07:57 PM
Ok, i need help. I finally got my R all together the only thing left i have to do is put the carb on. Here is my problem, I just put in new fiber plates, steel plates, and i got the 89 update. Now, the clutch is always engaged. I can pull the clutch in and nothing happens. I know i'm doing something when i pull the clutch lever in because i can feel it. But why is it always engaged. Could use a little ideas before i rip her apart again and start from scratch. Thanks for all the help.

09-29-2002, 02:57 PM
did you put the plates and the springs on correctally?

300exazzkikr
09-29-2002, 05:21 PM
yes i did.. I think it has something to do with the clutch rod not working right, but everything went together well...So i don't know. It's a mystery to me.

Bean
09-29-2002, 05:29 PM
is the rod bent, or plates stickin?

CBW
09-29-2002, 05:57 PM
adjust the cable at the case.......and if all the adjustment is gone...get a new cable.

redrider808
09-29-2002, 06:04 PM
i think you may have put it togeather with a ball bearing in the end . .
all you do is slide the rod in put the t one the end and the flat bearing then the pressure plate .

rowlrag
09-29-2002, 08:06 PM
A lot off times with new steels and fibers they will drag very bad untill they get seated into each other, mine with every new hinson and new steels and fibers took about half an hour to stop dragging and it would kill the motor when dropped in gear. Check all the cable adj. first. To help verify a cable problem turn the clutch arm on the motor with pliers and see if it disengages. And always use factory cables!

CBW
09-29-2002, 09:24 PM
On my 88 i already had the 89 update,,,,,,,,,,but updated the update with new a new needle bearing when i put in my 310 kit withan 8 plate hinson set up with OEM fibers and steels. My clutch would also not DIS-engage. My cable was stretched and a new cable solved my problem nicely...........thought maybe you had a similar problem:confused:

300exazzkikr
09-30-2002, 05:57 AM
I think i'll try a new cable first before i rip it all apart. It is old cabel so it could be stretched, but wouldn't think it would be stretched that much. I'm usually wrong tho. Thanks.

I remember where i put the ball bearing because i made sure i did that correctly. Thats correct.

I guess the plates could be dragging together with the fiber plates.

i'll check this all out. Thanks guys.