PDA

View Full Version : FASST Flexx bars with Trail Tech clamp for Pred on Outlaw?

Ed Canvasser
02-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I've reviewed other posts regarding Flexx bars, and the fact that you need to relocate the key switch, choke, warning lights to work with Flexx bars.

So, anyone know if I can use a Trail Tech bar clamp for the Predator on my Outlaw? Trying to avoid cuting plastic or fabricating a dash to remount the key, choke, etc. Looks like all of those items would be able to be mounted in the Trail Tech clamp. Any pics of this setup mounted would be great!!!

Thanks in advance.

calds650
02-06-2007, 03:02 PM
all you need is Pro Taper bar adapter for the Outlaw

Ed Canvasser
02-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Are you saying you don't recommend the Flexx bars, or is the Pro Taper bar adapter used w/ the Flexx bars? Read a few posts where guys are using the Rox anti-vibe clamps, any thoughts on this combo?

calds650
02-06-2007, 05:52 PM
first I used Pro Taper bar adapter with Flex Bars. Then went with the ROX to gain more height. I have a extra set Rox 2 inch riser but you will need to lengthen some wire and re-route your brake line.

Ed Canvasser
02-06-2007, 10:17 PM
1) Which wires have to be lengthened and how did you do it. Trying to figure out how difficult this project is.

2) Any closeup pic's of the setup?

Ed Canvasser
02-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey calds650, I believe you're running the Pure Polaris twin exhaust. I actually just purchased the PP twin pipe setup for my 06 Outlaw.

Curious, are jets supplied w/ pipe kit? I didn't see anything mentioned and salesman didn't know for sure. How difficult is the Outlaw to get jets right on? Elevation here is around 350' and temp's range from average lows of 40-50 F to 90-100 F in summer.

Also, any tricks or tips that will make the pipe install go smoothly, and do you recommend changing the air filter and removing lid? Plan on having Nicholas Racing do the carb mod as this seems to be a popular mod.

calds650
02-07-2007, 05:49 AM
Ed Jets and instructions were supplied with the pipe but I did not use it or keep them I am using a Edelbrock carb. so I can not help you on the jetting. I just cut and splice the wires from the clutch lever Hope this help

Bill

monster 525
02-09-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm using a trail tech dash from a predator.
Also runing TAG fatbars,I will either go flex soon or will go with the rox antivibe adapters and keep the TAG bars.I am not sure though if any cables will need to be rerouted or legnthend.

Ed Canvasser
02-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Couple of other people on predatorowners.com told me cables don't have to be extended, so that makes it a bit easier.

monster 525
02-09-2007, 09:43 PM
thnx bud:D