PDA

View Full Version : tires, good ones for sand?

jmcgui22
02-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Im going to hit some sand dunes in the spring and im looking for a good tire to buy,, i dont want the paddles cuz i cant use them in wisconsin, they will wear down to fast and be a waste! what do you riders suggest i buy???? thank you jared

svahle
02-06-2007, 03:11 PM
I guess I don't really understand your question. Are you looking for a tire dedicated to dunes, or a tire that will be universal for dune and non-dune riding.

Try a search for the dune dedicated tires. You will probably hear the following: Argument as between which paddles turn better (V-paddles vs. Haulers), Argument about how many paddles is too many, Argument about whether front sand tires are needed.

The consensus I have come to is that everyone has opinions about this. As for straight paddles, skattrak haulers seem to be a good choice. As for V-paddles, sandstars and sandsharks seem to be good choices.

If you are looking for a more univeral tire, I have heard that the Razr 2 gets around okay in the sand. But, they certainly won't perform as well as paddles.

My $.02 - get some paddles for sand. Fronts are optional. I like V-paddles just fine but I ride alot of sand trails with very little drag racing and all out hill climbing.

Hope this helps.

400eXr1d3rZ
02-06-2007, 05:11 PM
I would get some AMS Zippers, they work pretty good in the soft dirt and good in the sand/snow.

m.h.s.c.#527
02-06-2007, 07:47 PM
i would get some razr 2s thats what alot of guys in movies use and ive used mine once they are fine for small dunes but i wouldnt use them for like sand mountain in nevada lol