PDA

View Full Version : ltr450 vs 450r

400ex18
02-06-2007, 12:06 PM
I was wondering with one would be the best to get? I have rode the honda but i like the suzuki! I'm wanting to race some mx so please tell me what u'all thank?

IMSROLL450R
02-06-2007, 12:24 PM
You just asked that question in a biased forum I'm sure most people will tell you the 450R. Thats what I would choose but I'm a die hard Honda fan. Seems to me Honda has always been the most reliable but thats just my opinion. Fuel injection is nice though so the LTR has that on the 450R.

7 speed
02-06-2007, 12:33 PM
I am also a huge honda fan but one thing to consider is the LTR comes with wider a-arms and it is fast so I guess it depends on how much money you want to spend.

I hate to say it but personally I would get the LTR if you are buying new.

But if you can find a race ready honda that is slightly used then I would do that.

Honda is top notch in my book though.

roundsy
02-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 7 speed
I am also a huge honda fan but one thing to consider is the LTR comes with wider a-arms and it is fast so I guess it depends on how much money you want to spend.

I hate to say it but personally I would get the LTR if you are buying new.

But if you can find a race ready honda that is slightly used then I would do that.

Honda is top notch in my book though.

couldnt say it better myself

TWILES
02-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Unless you have infinite money, consider that the Suzuki is fuel injected and cost nearly $800 just for the things for the injection. Jets are $4 a piece. Plus some are having transmission problems. If you haven't been around sport quads for a while, I'd get the one with the least amount of problems.

bigz-71
02-06-2007, 01:12 PM
the ltr will be more ready for mx than the honda off the show room floor. the ltr comes with 18" tires where honda comes with 20". The ltr is wider by like 1 1/2 or 2" (not positive on those specs). The ltr is a mean bike but it is costly too. You could buy a honda and buy some nice wheels for the cost of an ltr.

I think it all depends on your budget you want to spend. these bikes are not cheap esp. when you start modifing the suspension, a arms, and swingarm.

I believe my bike is worth every penny and its a honda and it will last forever, but last the last few people have mentioned, i am too a die hard Honda fan, will not own anything else (unless you give it to me, then maybe).

mymastifftucker
02-06-2007, 02:44 PM
You want to race SOME mx. What are you going to do the rest of the time? Suzuki is closer to race ready, but something that wide would be hard to ride on trails. Honda has legendary reliability, and that is hard to argue against.

250r4life
02-06-2007, 03:23 PM
i dont know... i disagree with a lot of the things on here...

from my experience the LTR is the slowest of the 450s...

also, a lot of people have had a lot of problems with the LTR... i wouldnt go and buy a 1st year quad, and i really wouldnt go and buy a 1st year quad that is a suzuki, which is known for having lesser quality... thats double trouble...

FI i think is overated, as it doesnt really improve performance and is going to be a pain to fix...

sure, the width is cheaper... if youre going to be serious in MX you wont keep the stock suzuki components anyhow... so youre really not saving anything...

i have been around quads for a while, and was faced with the decison in november... i chose the YFZ, but the 450r would have been my second choice... LTR would have been 3rd, but if it came down to the LTR i would have probably considered the raptor 700...

450raider
02-06-2007, 04:03 PM
well ill give my take, ill have the chance in a few months to get a new ltr- if i traded in my R but thats not gonna happen so im gonna try to find a used ltr (in good shape- like a needle in a hay stack) because my honda has built sentimental value and chances are thr R name will be around long after the ltR name is a memory.

hits & misses (in my opinion)
450r
+its a honda (im honda biased)
+reliablity
+ easy maintenance
- kicker (sometimes its cool sometimes not)
- 04 & 05's (honda seems to have forgotten the people who owns these)

ltr450
+width (depends on your riding)
+efi (i made it a plus cause i bet the 08R's will have it)
+ e start (good to me anyway)
+ 40$ cherry bomb mod
- hasnt been out long to work out bugs

so this is just some of what i got in my notes, so good luck with your decision