PDA

View Full Version : Transfer itunes to new computer?

cody anderson
02-06-2007, 08:16 AM
So I just got a new laptop yesterday... Now I want to transfer my itunes library. Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,
Cody Anderson

troutman561
02-06-2007, 08:20 AM
yes plz someone know how, im wondering this also....

deathman53
02-06-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't think you can, didn't you transfer the files from the old computer to the new one??? Do you still have the old computer?? If your old computer has a either-net port and so does the new one, I can tell you how to transfer the files.

bigz-71
02-06-2007, 01:41 PM
i believe you can put them to disk but it might take a few disk so go buy you a pack of 50 disk and start writing these songs to disk and then load them to the new computer. you could also buy a cd-rw disk and do it that way. You should be able to download them but they will be in a format that only ITunes will regonize. Goodluck with this process.

killerofcrows48
02-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by bigz-71
i believe you can put them to disk but it might take a few disk so go buy you a pack of 50 disk and start writing these songs to disk and then load them to the new computer. you could also buy a cd-rw disk and do it that way. You should be able to download them but they will be in a format that only ITunes will regonize. Goodluck with this process.

If you have to do this process i would just buy a flash drive

400exrider707
02-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Why not just take the old hard drive out of the computer and stick it in the new one... it would be a lot quicker...:D

Ralph
02-06-2007, 02:07 PM
if you wanna burn them you should beable to fit quite a few on one cd. When u burn the cd chose "Data Cd". Then go to your new computer and go to "import files" and go to your cd drive, select them and it will import them.

deathman53
02-06-2007, 02:23 PM
you can connect a either-net cable from one computer to a router hub and another to other to the other computer, set the harddrives for sharing and you can tansfer the files that way. Its pretty easy. I think you can connect a cable from one computer to the other and the same thing too.

ChuckMoe
02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Here is a good article explaining how to do it:

How to use your iPod to move your music to a new computer (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300173)