PDA

View Full Version : Theft Prevention

SilverBurr
02-06-2007, 06:51 AM
I just purchased a brand spanking new Brute Force(BF) 750, $7300 out the door. Now I want to make sure she never gets stolen.

I have her parked in my garage with a 1/4 cable lock and have the two cars parked so close to the garage door walls, that there isn't enough room to get the 4-wheeler out.

I also throw a tarp over the BF to keep any passer by's from immediately recognizing it.

I may put in a ground hook and use a trailer lock on top of all that.

Don't mean to sound anal about all of this, but I had a two month old dirt bike stolen many years ago, and I still get a bad feeling in my stomach when I think back on it.

02-06-2007, 06:58 AM
I hear ya. I've thought about a putting a piece of rebar into my concrete garage floor to lock the quad to.

DOes your BF have a disk brake? With holes in it? They sell a disk brake lock that goes thru the disk.

ALso, I put shades on my garage windows, so no one can see in.

The BEST theft prevention is no one knowing its there to steal.

ShiftFMX
02-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Yeah, All's I do it put it in the garage and park my truck in front of the door, my truck has an alarm on it that would wake me up out of a dead sleep

Rootar
02-06-2007, 08:15 AM
i have bolt cutter proof locks on both doors of my race trailer and and one on the hitch latch, and one of those guarddog hitch things in it. also have a wheel lock to where the trailer cant move, and its under a shed on the far side of our shop and not visible from the road or driveway. plus i park my truck in front of it and we have two guard dogs lol i think mystuff is safe

red2004 TRX450R
02-06-2007, 08:20 AM
I have insurance on mine!

CRich[814]
02-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
i have bolt cutter proof locks on both doors of my race trailer

im glad my friend doesnt have that. we were riding at rocky gap this past summer and he has the truck and trailer keys in his pocket, he changed into riding gear and left the keys in the trailor and i locked it haha. when we were done riding we just went down to the main office and they followed us back and use bolt cutters haha.

DaleJrFan
02-06-2007, 01:32 PM
If they want it, they are gonna get it. My buddy had his banshee tucked away in his one car garage up on a atv jack with all 4 tires off it ant the front a-arms off redoing some gusset work on the frame when his got swiped. The bad part was that he was gone for the weekend and his wifes bmw had the quad tucked away in the front of the garage and the f**kers took a saws-all and cut a hole in the garage by the latch, reached in and opened the door. There wasn't enough room to get the bike out between the wall and the car but luckily the neighbor across the street was awake(at 1 am on a Saturday night) and heard them doing this. He looked out and saw 4 kids(one on each corner) lifting it up and literally walked it over her bmw. they set it down on the hood, the very top, and the trunk and scratched the hell out the car but walked it into the bed of a truck and drove away. They were some real dummies though cause they thought they would cover their tracks by going back in the garage and wiping the footprints off of the car but the neighbor got the plates of the truck and two of them were caught the next day and then ratted out their friends since they were going down. The stink of the whole thing was that my buddy didn't get the bike back, they sold it to some mobile home mover at a truck stop down the road hours later and he was no where to be found and his homeowners wouldn't pay for it since it was a Banshee, they did pay to have the car re-painted though after a 500 dollar deductable. If they want it, they will get it.

Kaleigh
02-06-2007, 01:45 PM
do brute force's have disc brakes or drums.. if they are disc you can buy a lock if the disc has holes in it..

also.. if you have bicycles.. you can chain them up to those or maybe your snowblower if you have one..

parking a car infront of the door works great.. but i have also heard of people breaking into the car and moving it..

making special hooks in the concrete would be best..

7 speed
02-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Get a pit bull!

My neighbors won't even knock on the door anymore cause they are so afraid of my dog.

The best is to not let people know where it is though.
9 times outa 10 it is a freind that ran his mouth bragging about your new toy and telling people where it is.

If you do show anyone tell them it came with a GPS anti theft tracking device on it.

400EXTRA
02-06-2007, 01:56 PM
EVERY BODY IN MY TOWN KNOWS MY DAD WOULD BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM SO THEY DONT MESS WITH US

killerofcrows48
02-06-2007, 04:51 PM
12 Guage.

firefighterjosh
02-06-2007, 07:53 PM
#1 Call Progressive Insurance.
For my quads it cost
- 02 Banshee - $75 a year Insured for 4k
- 02 400 Ex - $75 a year indured for 3k
- 06 King Quad 700 $235 a year insured for 7k
All prices go down every year
#2 lock garage doors
#3 My dog - wakes me up
#4 911 - calling when I am getting the gun
#5 My .45 Cal - one on one combat
#6 My ShotGun - multiple theives need some attention

I follow all these in steps in order and never had anything stolen.
:devil:

main thing get insurance

dunnonuttin
02-06-2007, 08:22 PM
my squirrel shooter (.22) does just fine

scruff_mcruff
02-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
i have bolt cutter proof locks on both doors of my race trailer and and one on the hitch latch, and one of those guarddog hitch things in it. also have a wheel lock to where the trailer cant move, and its under a shed on the far side of our shop and not visible from the road or driveway. plus i park my truck in front of it and we have two guard dogs lol i think mystuff is safe

bring it to baltimore and they will be in that thing in under 30 seconds. im not gonna say how so nobody gets any ideas, but bolt cutter proof locks are bogus, there is easy ways around them.

the best thing to do in trailers is put sliding locks on the inside of the rear door. then park the side door next to the house or garage. then block trailer in with a car you dont use much.

Villageidiott23
02-07-2007, 05:56 AM
scruff aint kidding. bring that bike to charm city and itll getting stolen from you while ur still riding it.....

ridered11
02-07-2007, 05:56 AM
hah ^ the baltimore thing is so true (i'm from MD too)

but anyways, i feel kinda dumb my quad sits in my garage backed in with the keys in it, no one has even bothered me or it

but god forbid someone does, i would go ape sh*t

450rXtreme
02-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Sorry to thread jack alittle just thought I would show you guys what we are up against.
If the want it they will get it. I had a 3/4 inch cable ran through the frame , locked to the toolbox and the bed w/ cutter proof locks (not cheap) and backed to the fence at my apartment ( best place to get anything stolen ) I have not get the bike back but I was lucky enough to have an witness that chased them down. Aparently they had a car and a truck. The truck got away w/ my wheeler and the car the witness chased them and called the cops at the same time (great guy the world needs more like him which he did get his bike stolen a couple of weeks ago) Long story short these guys new exactly what they were doing had my bike there ONE NIGHT from where I usually store it to get it ready for the upcoming drags and whamo stolen. The car involved was stolen they used it to yank down the fence that was 3 feet in the ground concreted. Man I miss my bike I hope I find who done this before the cops if ever found I would give them a painful PAINFUL death.

This happened this mouring in Amarillo, Tx.

450rXtreme
02-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Heres my bike well not mine anymore I guess :mad:

ShiftFMX
02-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Dear god that makes me want insurance! Do you have to have the title for the quad to insure it? Probably stupid question. The previous owner of my quad said he couldnt find it and would mail it to me...4 months later and nothing yet :rolleyes: :macho

Oh well, i'm gonna try and get a new title for it

DaleJrFan
02-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Use Progressive, I have all mine insured through them, they have the cheapest rates and make sure you are very specific about your policy so no matter what the situation is your quad is coverd from theft. My buddy that had his stolen thought his was covered under home owners but they denied his claim cause it was a banshee and the bike was not intended for home use or work. After his incident, I checked my homeowners and it is wrote the same way so I had to get a seperate policy for them.

No matter how much prevention you have against theft, insurance is worth it.

TXATVRIDER
02-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Never can be to carefull i always say, i got a sweet alarm system for my truck about two years ago and still haven't installed it on my truck. I need to jump on that come to think of it.

m.h.s.c.#527
02-18-2007, 12:08 PM
well this is why i like my small town if they wanted n e of ours it would be so easy

450rXtreme
02-24-2007, 09:53 PM
GOOD NEWS
Well I got my bike back tonight. I got a call from a lawyer last night and he was like did you have a motorcycle stolen and my wife told him yes we had a bike stolen. Long story short the high school aged kids that stole my bike one of them felt guilty and was afriad of going to jail so he told his dad and his dad was friends w/ this lawyer that contacted me. He (the lawyer) had me sign a affidavit saying that I would not press charges for the return of the bike in the condition that it was taken in. It was a very unlikely end to a bad story but I am glad to have my bike back even tho the little *******s didn't get caught. Thanks for your support guys.

Jason

CRich[814]
02-24-2007, 10:02 PM
holy shat man thats great!!!
hows the condition?
your super lucky to of gotten it back.

DaleJrFan
02-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Awesome, I wish all the buddies that I know that had thiers jacked had a happy ending as well.