PDA

View Full Version : Mikuni carb

mbjtlr
02-05-2007, 10:47 PM
My friend just bought a 400ex with a Mikuni flat side carb on it. The carb uses a twist throttle and he doesn't not like it. Does anyone know if you can convert it to thumb or does he have to buy a different carb?

NacsMXer
02-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Doesn't need to get a new carb. Just change to a thumb throttle and hook up the cable. He may or may not need a new throttle cable depending on if the cable end is compatible with the thumb throttle or not.

02-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Doesn't need to get a new carb. Just change to a thumb throttle and hook up the cable. He may or may not need a new throttle cable depending on if the cable end is compatible with the thumb throttle or not.

Are there different throttle cables for the 400EX?

Where would I find them?

NacsMXer
02-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by garandman
Are there different throttle cables for the 400EX?

Where would I find them?

Some throttle cables have different ends than others. Being that his friend is using a Mikuni carb and an unknown twist throttle, it may be different from stock I don't really know.

If you need a custom cable for you 400EX, either Motion Pro or Terry Cable can hook you up with what you need.

02-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Some throttle cables have different ends than others. Being that his friend is using a Mikuni carb and an unknown twist throttle, it may be different from stock I don't really know.

If you need a custom cable for you 400EX, either Motion Pro or Terry Cable can hook you up with what you need.

Thanx!

I'm looking for a 400EX cable standard in all respects EXCEPT with an end that could fit in a clutch lever.