PDA

View Full Version : Starting racing

Architects
02-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Im goin to start racing soon. Have a few questions.

1. If you race at a track that is AMA sanctioned will you be issued and AMA card or an ATVA?

2. How do you go about choosing a number? does it have to be registered?

3. Are there restircitons on number colors backgrounds I heard there was?

4. Is everyone required to meet the new 99 db limit? Is this just required at nationals or is this up to the track

400exrider707
02-06-2007, 05:44 AM
This is how it is for my local races....

1) atva card since you will be on an atv

2) Pick out a couple that you like, doesn't mean you will get it so choose more than one, have a back up.

3)No one has really said anything but if you go no amas website they tell you what you're "supposed" to be using.. black background and white numbers for novice, yellow background and black numbers for am, and white background with black numbers for expert. C,B,A or however else they are distinguished

4) I've never been checked, but probably wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a quiet core along with you.

02-06-2007, 08:10 AM
AMA or AVTA it doesn't matter. They are the same.

Wher I race we have to be 96db.

Architects
02-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Alright sounds good guys. So there no way to register your number so no one can take it? Im having custom numbers plates made so I want this doen right the first time.

02-06-2007, 12:17 PM
The series I race in Florida. www.floridatrailriders.org after you join and recieve your membership card, you contact the business office and they let you choose a number. As long as it isn't already taken it's yours. Then as long as you renew your membership by a certain date you get to keep your same number.

400exrider707
02-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah ours is basically the same way except theres no one to call, you either sign up for the number at the track race day, or you can mail it in and hope for the best. Once you have it its yours for the keeping, just as long as you renew on time.