PDA

View Full Version : Top speed debate....

firefighterjosh
02-05-2007, 09:23 PM
I am ussually not one to ask these types of questions but I am in a debate with somone.

What is the top speed of a Raptor 700 ALL STOCK?

What is the Top speed of a Raptor 700 with a pipe?

What is the top speed of a raptor 700 with the speed sensor in the tranny disconnected. Thanks and I hope I am right

PolarisRider06
02-05-2007, 09:30 PM
well i cant tell you what the actuall top speed is but....

the top speed will not change between stock and piped because of the fact that it is not geared up and the rev limiter is still the same the pipe only allows it to top out faster not top out at a higher speed.

i'm not sure what the speed sensor in the tranny is but if its not connected to the rev limiter or doesn't up the rev limiter any the top speed is still the same for the same reasons

so if you were tryin to tell him it didn't gain top end speed by putting a pipe on it you are right and depending on what the argument was on the speed sensor and what it actually does you may be right there also...

firefighterjosh
02-05-2007, 09:32 PM
I here the tranny sensor holds the engine back to 7,500 RPMs or something like that. When you do the mod you gain 4 MPH.

My guess was 73 MPH stock, maybe 76 with the speed senor off.

they trying to say 80 - 90 MPH maybe more:rolleyes:

1fst400
02-05-2007, 09:45 PM
I got my quad up to 80 mph last week via radar gun.

and hope to break that tomorow, but my radar gun broke, so I may not find out where I stand till this weekend when other ppl are there that have radar guns.

firefighterjosh
02-05-2007, 09:49 PM
OK I did a little more reasearch. People claim 73 - 75 Stock. then with the tranny mod 4 MPH more. So we are at 76 - 79 MPH. Then they add a 15tooth sprocket. Whats that add 3 MPH. So 83 MPH. Guess I am a little wrong but That is also not stock. O yea they all have pipes.

trxwannbe
02-06-2007, 12:06 PM
thats actually kinda said considering its a 700 and the 450s top out around 83 stock

400exstud
02-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
thats actually kinda said considering its a 700 and the 450s top out around 83 stock

In your wet dream:devil:

trxwannbe
02-06-2007, 12:44 PM
nope i am absolutely serious about that i mean come on a regeared blaster can nearly hit 70 (and no i'm not just some kid who thinks his blaster can hit 70 because hes cool i've never owned blaster nor do i wish to do so) i'm not sure of the exact formula so i can't replicate the numbers but there is a way to mathematically prove that

400exstud
02-06-2007, 12:48 PM
nope i am absolutely serious about that i mean come on a regeared blaster can nearly hit 70 (and no i'm not just some kid who thinks his blaster can hit 70 because hes cool i've never owned blaster nor do i wish to do so) i'm not sure of the exact formula so i can't replicate the numbers but there is a way to mathematically prove that

Come one now..... I grew up on a Blaster. A regeared one will not go 70mph. They barely pull 6th gear with stock gearing.

700bRad
02-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I stock Raptor 700r will go around 78 and one with a pipe, and no fuel commander will go 78 also or slower.

250xridamatt
02-06-2007, 01:47 PM
i'm not sure of the exact formula so i can't replicate the numbers but there is a way to mathematically prove that

That would have to be one heck of a formula to accurately predict the top speed. There are so many factors like tire size, tire wear, gearing, surface, wind, tempature, rider weight and probably a couple other things that would effect the top speed of a fourwheeler.

trxwannbe
02-06-2007, 02:58 PM
it is a projected top speed that does not include weather factors and yes it does include the size of the tires the number of teeth on the gears and the bore and stroke of the motor although not the wear as i mentioned before it is just what the quad is capable of doing not what it actually does and yes through this formula it can be shown that a blaster can hit about 68.5mph in 6th gear (but not stock like the 450) it must have 20 inch tires and obviously an aftermarket air filter and exhaust would be fairly helpful ( most people think these mods add speed but they don't they add acceleration which as odd as it may seem to some of you is different)

sandmanblue
02-06-2007, 03:17 PM
THEORETICALLY... if the 700 could reach 7500 rpm in 5th, completely stock - it would reach 79.2 mph. So over 80 is doable IF, and ONLY IF it has the hp to take it to that speed.

If a bone stock 06 450R will hit 9800 rpm in 5th gear, it will be at 75.7 mph. At 10,800 it would reach 83.4 mph - IF it can make the hp to do it.

At 11,000 rpm, the 06 yfz would hit 81.6 mph.

Anything above those speeds would require gearing changes - so it ain't gonna happen bone stock...

Lastly, I'll add this because this subject is ridiculous to begin with.... Who the heck ever sits there at top speed? Nobody. That's right. NOBODY! It's a pointless comparison and it doesn't mean squat because ALL THE RESULTS GO OUT THE WINDOW WITH A SIMPLE SPROCKET CHANGE!!!!!

Nobody is going to win the arguement of which quad has a higher top speed unless they go out there with a set of sprockets, a radr gun, a 1/2 mile of pavement, the right tires and a bunch of time to waste coming up with a stupid set of numbers that don't mean anything.....

BTW - there's no local top speed contests or races to win for bone stock vehicles. Why? Because it is a meaningless, talentless, and pointless contest.....

dunnonuttin
02-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by 1fst400
I got my quad up to 80 mph last week via radar gun.

and hope to break that tomorow, but my radar gun broke, so I may not find out where I stand till this weekend when other ppl are there that have radar guns. did your hotwheels radar gun break:blah:

slo250
02-06-2007, 04:17 PM
i tweeked the flux capacitor on my polaris trailblazer 250 and now it does 88mph and can travel thru
time!!:D :eek2:

dunnonuttin
02-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by slo250
i tweeked the flux capacitor on my polaris trailblazer 250 and now it does 88mph and can travel thru
time!!:D :eek2: i traveled to 2055 after putting a 43:15 gear ratio on my bike:eek2: :p

Blue_Streak23
02-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by slo250
time!!:D :eek2:

lmao...

let me try...

my raptor did about 76 stock, so i took off the plastics, added a third carb, and disconnected the reverse. My buddy clocked me doing 98mph in a wheelie down the thru way!:chinese:

02-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Depends if you got a high speed conuting bearing. And if your muffeler bearings are good, If its day time take out you headlight fluid you will looose weight.

416exfreak
02-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Legally, any manufacturer cannot sell an ATV that goes over 75mph. There was a law passed concerning consumer safety. BUT, all they are required to do, is say that said vehicle does 75 or lower, and its legal for sale. I would say none of the 450's or the 700 will do more than 76-78 stock. However Chris Borichs XC 450'r will do 80+ and it has...well...we can all guess...its a professional race quad...lol:p

dunnonuttin
02-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by mitch091
Depends if you got a high speed conuting bearing. And if your muffeler bearings are good, If its day time take out you headlight fluid you will looose weight. dont forget them brake restrictors hold you back too:p

firefighterjosh
02-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Well for some ppl that wonder....Why the heck this stupid person even put this on here......

I have had multiple ppl tell me there raptor 700 goes 85, 98, 125:confused: , 92...ALLLLL STOOOCCCKKK!!!

They are also the ppl who don't race/ride much, they ride up and down the roads. They call me retarted. So I had to have other ppl post up what they think so they will belive me.

Thanks!