PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale!!!!

Zquad
09-28-2002, 06:23 PM
I know this isn't proper Honda etiquette, but I just got done riding my friends Cannondale, and I'm sorry, but that thing was a bull that just got its nuts stuck in a vice!!!! I WAS debating on whether or not to get a Z400 or a 400EX, but I'm going to have to throw a third option in there now!!! CANNONDALES RULE!!! Are there any message boards out there where I can learn more about the Dale, besides its awesome performance??

Pappy
09-28-2002, 06:29 PM
there is a new cdale board ....http://pub34.ezboard.com/bclubcannondale

hope it helps ya

Zquad
09-28-2002, 06:31 PM
Is everyone really that scared to reply to a Cannondale post?? I know this is a Honda board, but let's not be THAT biased!! I just want one reason why I should go out and buy a 400EX over a Dale!!:confused:

Zquad
09-28-2002, 06:33 PM
400ex127.....you got a Dale, but your name is "400ex127"?? What gives?

Pappy
09-28-2002, 06:35 PM
i had a 400ex...soldd it and got an R..sold it and i pick up my dale on friday....just my preference..i think the 400ex is still an awesome quad.

Guy400
09-28-2002, 06:36 PM
Z, check out my new forum in my sig. It's in it's infancy but hopefully the Cannondale faithful will flock there.

wyndzer
09-28-2002, 06:36 PM
Um? Only two reasons to buy a 400ex over a Cannondale. 400Ex is cheaper, Cannondale requires a little more maintenance. But oh what the ride!!!

09-28-2002, 06:40 PM
a cannibal with reverse, and its $500 more than a Z and its a hotcake.

Zquad
09-28-2002, 06:43 PM
What do you mean that the Cannondale requires more maintenance??

Zquad
09-28-2002, 06:44 PM
By the way, nice quad wyndzer!!

Nausty
09-28-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Zquad
What do you mean that the Cannondale requires more maintenance??

its a lot more high tech and is not like the simple designed motors from other companies meaning the dealer is pry gonna end up doing a lot more work for you which means more $$. But if you got money I say go with the dale.

Zquad
09-28-2002, 06:49 PM
Why would I have a stealership do my work?? Are you telling me that I have to have a dealership involved anytime I want to make mods, maintenance, etc..???

Pappy
09-28-2002, 06:52 PM
if you have the mechanical ability im sure you can handle most of the maintenance required. if you dont ..then yes...the dealership will be a requirement for you.

Nausty
09-28-2002, 06:57 PM
no but if you wanna mess with the efi and all the other electronic crap then do what you want. I'm just trying to say that a lot of the other motors are a lot easier to work on and require a lot less. But whatever if you have a problem with my posts don't read em' cuz I could care less.

Zquad
09-28-2002, 07:08 PM
Dude?? I was just asking because most motors are fairly simple and appearently, so are your replies!!!

JustRace
09-28-2002, 07:36 PM
Maybe one of the owners of the dales could explain some of the maintance and compare it to a 400ex or Z400. Like changing the oils, adjusting the valves and that type of regular stuff. I don't have one so I don't want to give out bad info, but I have heard that its harder and you have to do it more often.

wyndzer
09-28-2002, 08:56 PM
You have to change the fuel filter approx. every 5 hours, and the oil and Trans. needs changing approx. every 10- 20 hours. Not that hard, but needs to be done regularly. Most people just ride their quads and rarely do the routine maintenance. It's not hard, just needs to be done to keep machine in top notch shape.

redrider808
09-29-2002, 12:10 AM
ok i had a 310R that i loved i race moto-X for 5 years with it and every week it was 200 here 400 here . i do all my work no one will work on my quads . every 2 weeks i would rebild it so thats was from $75 to $100 . oil changed every time i would ride it at 5 bucks. race gas $4 a gallon 35 to 50 a week. that just for me to ride the R.

400ex oil changed every 2 weeks i didn't ride it as much broke the shift shaft 2 times not gona get in to that not cheap .
the 400 was just a stand by bike .

but all i did was work on the R . and i didn't do it half *** it was right every time .aas for the 400 not much to work on it was just my play bike but i did have it close to the r with shocks and all .

bouth let me down i was fighting a points battle that i lost . not bitter .

so far i have raced the moto for 2 months it has become a joke at the track about how much i have to work on it . it realy sucks putting air in the tires oh and the oil changes every 2 weeks man that hard .

you have to get a hose to drain the frame thats 2 nuts you turn .
now the hard part one nut to drain the motor . one to get the filter out .

trans one nut to drain that pull the fliter out blow it off with this thing that you just got to have or your never gona get it clean .
a air pump oh wait thats the thing i have to put air in the tires.
as for the valves my dealer told me once a year on them

oh and yea you have to check the nuts but if i remember right i did that every time i washed my hondas. but call me silly but im not big on my quads falling apart be honda cannondale or what ever i ride i check my truck tires every so often .

but realy the quad is just something new to people and no one like change . but change is good if not i would still be in my underwhere that i wore as a kid . lol

but yea you have to do a few thing that you dont on the hondas
if your big on up keep not much of a change .

just ask the racers on here with 440s how much they have to work on theres and it will be close .

sorry for so long but i had to let it out

Zquad
09-29-2002, 06:01 AM
Why do you have to change the oil and transmission fluids that much?? That seems like an awful lot of times!!!

redrider808
09-29-2002, 09:27 AM
well all i do is race it so i change it alot more for just $20
not that bad . but i think you could get away with doing it once a month .
if your not beating it to hard .
http://pub34.ezboard.com/bclubcannondale

Nausty
09-29-2002, 09:34 AM
why would you rebuild it every 2 weeks???

330exracer122
09-29-2002, 10:57 AM
when u have a 2smoke u can't pin it all the time for long streches. when u race ur doin that. an after a couple races the motor is a lil worn out so if ur a good racer u need all the edge to compete so u rebuild ur motor.

Tommy 17
09-29-2002, 11:12 AM
actually i think the c-dale is a easier quad to work on... drop the bottom frame rails and the motors out...

also lets say u need to look at ur gears pop off the side of the motor and pop out the gears... nothing like a reg bike and take the whole top end off them spilt the cases... anytime anyone as to split ur cases u just handed then 250$+!!! and with the c-dale u will never have to do that... also u dont' have to play aorund with jettin just dial in the computer and off u go!!!

cdalejef
09-29-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Zquad
Why do you have to change the oil and transmission fluids that much?? That seems like an awful lot of times!!! Its just like YZF's and CRF's, they are high performance race engines that turn upwards of 10,000 rpm's. They break oil down really fast, so you must change it more often. It holds 2 different kinds of oil like CRF's, KTM's and cars. One oil for the top end and one for the tranny.
As far as working on the motor....its the easiest to work on I have ever seen on a 4-stroke. I can have the tranny out and laying on a bench in 10 minutes.

Chef
09-29-2002, 12:49 PM
I change the oil in my EX after every race day.....thats only about 45 minutes of running time....but 35 of those 45 minutes the motor is turning over 8500 rpm.....that breaks down oil like none other.

Castor-426ex
09-29-2002, 12:55 PM
hey i love the cannondales...i have never had something pull my arms so hard in all my life...i just dont have the cash right now...and not really motivated enough to sell my ex...They are def ok by me...american made...and mean as ****

MxDale71
09-29-2002, 09:54 PM
You could probably get away with changing the oil less often, but most of the C-dale owners on here are MX, TT, or XC racers and almost all of the racers (no matter what brand we're riding) change their oil on a weekly basis... and sometimes more just depending on how much we ride. I change my oils after ever 2nd or 3rd trip to the track, and I would do the same thing if I rode a Z400, 400ex, 300ex, Raptor, or whatever. And just ask some of these 250R racers how often they have to adjust their valves (LOL, just kidding).

The only reason that you hear about the C-dales being "maintanance nightmares" is because some people are to lazy to loosen 4 bolts to drain the oil, and to take 3 minutes to change a fuel filter. Those are the same people that would let their air filters on their (what ever they ride) get caked w/ dirt because they're to lazy to clean it too. The C-dale maintanance is only hard for lazy people. You're not a lazy person are you? NOOOOO, ofcourse not, so buy a C-dale and be happy ;).

cdalejef
09-30-2002, 06:54 AM
Thats so true MxDale. I change the oil on my R after every ride.

10-03-2002, 09:37 PM
I do it because I like the smell and taste of Klotz 10w 40. I use it for steak marinade....:D

Castor-426ex
10-03-2002, 11:26 PM
lmao...stock up on charmin!!!

10-03-2002, 11:30 PM
Ya it makes it just run right through ya, and it coats better because it is a synthetic.......:blah

MxDale71
10-04-2002, 12:36 PM
Well didn't this topic just go to the *****s....

:o Sorry, just had to through a cheesy joke in there.