PDA

View Full Version : Houser Racings New Tric Trac

Dave400ex
02-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Check these out! Something completely new, and very trick!

http://www.houser-racing.com/www.houser-racing.com/trictrac.htm

ShiftFMX
02-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Nice, I wonder how that would hold up in the long run...excellent idea, wonder how much those are gonna run for

Just saw that you have to order them and wait 6 weeks :macho

N300exJ
02-05-2007, 03:00 PM
that is a very interesting idea. Damn i wonder how it holds up to alot of abuse. It looks like its metal and plastic. wonder what the wear issues are like. I guess next time i get houser a arms ill give that a try.

Dave400ex
02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Cost for Max clearance 450R arms is $1,150. $150 more then the standard XC slicast arms. If you already have the current Slicast setup you can get the upper arms for $400. I may look into it over the summer after people get some time on them.

Pappy
02-05-2007, 08:28 PM
cool idea, but the first thing in my head was how they will work when small gravel and debris gets in them during normal use, much less a muddy mx or xc race

Harbin_22
02-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Pappy has a good point, and think about if one side gets a bunch of mud or somethin in it and the other doesn't. One side is going to move and the other isn't. That will play h**l on the steering. Good idea, I guess, but maybe needs something else to protect it from the elements.

Shawn Hess
02-06-2007, 12:37 AM
I have been testing a set for a little over a month and they are working great! Sand and mud have not been an issue as of yet. However, Houser is currently working on a boot to seal the gear off so that it for sure will never be an issue. You would not believe how well this product works. The composite piece is 80% the strength of steel and seems to be holding up very well. The a- arm can move 1.5 degrees front and back from center for a total of 3 degress of caster movement while you ride. It really takes the guess work out of setting up your caster for different tracks. Te product is not actually going to be realeased until after the indy show, and is only going to be available for the honda for quite a while. The product works very well for XC and TT/ Flat Track racing. In MX racing the advantage is not as noticeable.

Dave400ex
02-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Shawn are you running 05 spindles? If I can sell my current 06 Slicast arms I might try these out with 05 spindles since the shocks are all the same.

Pappy
02-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Shawn Hess
I have been testing a set for a little over a month and they are working great! Sand and mud have not been an issue as of yet. However, Houser is currently working on a boot to seal the gear off so that it for sure will never be an issue. You would not believe how well this product works. The composite piece is 80% the strength of steel and seems to be holding up very well. The a- arm can move 1.5 degrees front and back from center for a total of 3 degress of caster movement while you ride. It really takes the guess work out of setting up your caster for different tracks. Te product is not actually going to be realeased until after the indy show, and is only going to be available for the honda for quite a while. The product works very well for XC and TT/ Flat Track racing. In MX racing the advantage is not as noticeable.

good to hear.

erin posted in another thread about a boot being available to help keep out the dirt