PDA

View Full Version : I somehow sprained my ankle in my sleep...

Which 450?
02-05-2007, 11:52 AM
So I wake up this morning at 1am in agony, my ankle hurt so badly I started sweating. No discoloration or swelling. I managed to make my way to my kitchen to take a few pain pills, but it still hurt so badly this morning I had to call out of work. Its about 80% good right now, still stiff and sore as hell though. I really don't remember doing anything to hurt it yesterday. I broke my other ankle about 3 and a half years ago, and it hurt almost as bad as that.... This sucked!

nowukno
02-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Yesterday morning i went out to start my truck before i left so it could warm up while i got ready. I went out barefoot (really stupid mistake) and stepped on a wood paneling nail. It had the little grooves on it that keep it from coming out of a wall. It went around 3/4 of an inch into my heel. It actually didn't hurt that bad when it happend but after i hopped back inside and tried to pull it out with a pair of pliars and i will have to say that was the worst pain i have ever felt in my entire life and it didn't budge. So i had my girlfriend take me to ER and they said it almost hit the bone. They numbed it and then pulled it. It was funny cause the Doc had to yank the h3ll out of it to get it out. They gave me a tetanus shot and i was on my way. My heel is still a little sore today. Sorry to hi-jack your thread but i figured i would share.

Scro
02-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by nowukno
Yesterday morning i went out to start my truck before i left so it could warm up while i got ready. I went out barefoot (really stupid mistake) and stepped on a wood paneling nail. It had the little grooves on it that keep it from coming out of a wall. It went around 3/4 of an inch into my heel. It actually didn't hurt that bad when it happend but after i hopped back inside and tried to pull it out with a pair of pliars and i will have to say that was the worst pain i have ever felt in my entire life and it didn't budge. So i had my girlfriend take me to ER and they said it almost hit the bone. They numbed it and then pulled it. It was funny cause the Doc had to yank the h3ll out of it to get it out. They gave me a tetanus shot and i was on my way. My heel is still a little sore today. Sorry to hi-jack your thread but i figured i would share.

Damn, there went my lunch:mad:

Which 450?
02-05-2007, 12:29 PM
damn i dont have **** on you! OUCH!

rbgnwa45
02-05-2007, 12:30 PM
I'll tell you what happened to me about a year ago..I was at a friends place playin with this big construction stapler. Well, you know how the trigger on those are just an angeled piece of metal where you squeeze your hand together and when the two peices meet, BOOM!..

well anyways.. I had this stapler in my hand, upside down (completely ignoring the "EXIT" sticker), gripped my other hand on it, and shot myself in the hand, point blank, and hadn't even noticed for awhile LOL!. It only hurt when I drove home, it was a beotch to change the radio station or move my hand at all because the staple was making my hand curl and if I tried to open it the skin would rip :eek2: I tried to get it out with pliers..didn't work. I went to the hospital and got some x-rays. It missed the bone by 2mm. The doctor had to use some muscle to get it out. Stupid hurts. :devil:

Tater049
02-05-2007, 12:32 PM
that is pretty sick, how do you think you screwed up your ankle in your sleep.

Which 450?
02-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
I'll tell you what happened to me about a year ago..I was at a friends place playin with this big construction stapler. Well, you know how the trigger on those are just an angeled piece of metal where you squeeze your hand together and when the two peices meet, BOOM!..

well anyways.. I had this stapler in my hand, upside down (completely ignoring the "EXIT" sticker), gripped my other hand on it, and shot myself in the hand, point blank, and hadn't even noticed for awhile LOL!. It only hurt when I drove home, it was a beotch to change the radio station or move my hand at all because the staple was making my hand curl and if I tried to open it the skin would rip :eek2: I tried to get it out with pliers..didn't work. I went to the hospital and got some x-rays. It missed the bone by 2mm. The doctor had to use some muscle to get it out. Stupid hurts. :devil:

my father did that putting up xmas decorations using one of those new stanley's that the staples come out the other side.

I have no clue how I hurt my ankle, still sore as all hell

Tater049
02-05-2007, 03:40 PM
o... well anyways sorry to hear about that.

byrdman37876
02-05-2007, 07:19 PM
done that to my ankle a few months ago. i think i had it curled wrong and slept like that all night on my stomach. i took a few days of hoping and cussing to get over it.:scary:

itismejoshy
02-06-2007, 12:56 AM
i did this once when i was younger i had a small hole in the baseboard decorations that would swallow my foot, i guess i rolled over with my foot in the hole and all i remember is waking up to horrible pain and my ankle was twisted the wrong way, it sucked to get it out and strait again, hurt for week or so after, def is up there in the top ten pains i have felt. number 1 is taking a shower with about 10th of my body covered in fresh roadrash, never yelled so loud in my life, hurt so bad made my whole body shake uncontrollably.

Villageidiott23
02-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Not to scare you but my dad had something similar. what he thought was a sprained knee. turned out to be a blood clot. id watch it for alittle just b careful....

Shift_450R
02-06-2007, 07:17 AM
One time i slept on my stomach and my toes where curled in for a good 12 hour sleep and when i woke up i couldnt move my toes at all for about an hour they hurt so bad.....That SUCKED lol

Which 450?
02-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Villageidiott23
Not to scare you but my dad had something similar. what he thought was a sprained knee. turned out to be a blood clot. id watch it for alittle just b careful....

I was already worried about that. This time last year a guy at my work had a pain that was in his leg, then moved to his foot, had his foot examined and they found the clot. It moved from his leg to his foot. He has been on blood thinning medicine ever since.

c450Razy
02-06-2007, 02:00 PM
I pulled a back muscle sleeping one night.
still trying to figure that one out

05_KFX
02-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Dude I hope you are alright but as soon as I saw this tread I BUSTED OUT LAUGHING....

Which 450?
02-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by 05_KFX
Dude I hope you are alright but as soon as I saw this tread I BUSTED OUT LAUGHING....

im perfectly fine now. still a little freaked out, I woke up hurting something fierce

JIMFROMTEXCO
02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
the week before my 20th birthday i kept having chest pains on and off and thoughti t was just indigestion.. woke up on sturday and my chest hurt so bad i couldnt stand made my girlfriend drive me to the hospital and didnt leave for 1 week... turns out i had a mild heart attack.. they told me if i would of had 6 more hours tops had i not came in.. my blood pressure was 205 over 172.. they told me i had a small tear in my artery leading into my heart and the blood was clotting trying to heal it like a scab.. almost a year later and havent had any chest pain...