PDA

View Full Version : Snorkle?

400eXr1d3rZ
02-05-2007, 11:09 AM
What is the point of a snorkle? Isn't that the long clear tube at the bottom right of my airbox that goes over the motor? Do I need it?

ImplodedMindZ
02-05-2007, 11:21 AM
To pull air into the airbox @ a higher point on the quad than the actual airbox in case you go into some deep water. If you run no lid its useless, but if u run a lid i would keep it. So its up to you if u need it. what airbox setup are you runnin.

400eXr1d3rZ
02-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Stock box, Lid on (going to take off though once i get an outerwear) and twin air filter. If I cut it shorter, will I get more airflow?

Kaleigh
02-05-2007, 11:47 AM
if you take your aibox lid off there is no need for you to take the snorkel off..

I took my snorkel off and cut the rubber a litttle and left the lid on and it works great.. seems like it forces the air in at higher speeds..

ImplodedMindZ
02-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Personally i dont think it would help to where it would be noticeable. I took mine off a long time ago (b/c i got an aluminum box) so i dont really recall to much of what it looks like but when i look @ it on servicehonda it looks to be the same size all the way through pretty much. Its of coarse worth a try but i would just wait to get an outerwear and remove the lid.