PDA

View Full Version : Handle bar question

Selland74
02-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Im looking into getting some new bars but im not sure what bend. i like the height position of the stock bars pretty well, so what would be close to that. also do the cheaper bars hold up ok or are they crap. thanks

interceptorz28
02-05-2007, 08:34 AM
I am looking for different bars as well. Ones that are close to stock are called Cr double high. This is a dirtbike bend, but closer to stock than others.

Check this thread out, I posted it a couple days ago. It may help ya. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=278367&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

02-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I like my trailtech x-bars with riser. Pretty flat, straight, and low, but the riser makes the bar height nice. I think I got the medium bend.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/470578.jpg

I would recommend sitting on a bunch of bikes / ATV's and finding a bend you like. Measure the width, sweep and height of those, then go looking for a bar to match. Get the height you want from a riser, not the bars.

Worked for me anyway.

Prolly the WORST thing about ATV bars is way too much sweep. It gets your wrists in a terrible position for aggressive riding.

underpowered
02-05-2007, 09:21 AM
many companies make a TRX bend. i know renthal does as well as fly. personally i run Azonic doublcross bars, cr hi bend with a +1 stem. i love the way it feels, perfect height and bend but different people prefer differnt things.

as far as brand. some cheap stuff is ok, but i run fat bars and you get what you pay for. my buddy bought cheap moose fat bars adn broke them in half the first crash he had. i have had my azonics for years now and they are not even bent, but have only been through 1 crash. instead it trashed my steering stem, which is why i have teh +1 LS stem now.

400eXr1d3rZ
02-05-2007, 10:35 AM
I have Fly bars, I suggest staying away from them, I have flipped lots of times (the first two times they didn't bend at all) yesterday i went riding at a new place and flipping 3 times :eek2: the bent horribly, still rideable, but my bars are TOAST! I hate fly :(

hondaracer57
02-05-2007, 10:38 AM
i have Tag T2 bars and they were ATV bend im pretty sure they are about the same size as stock...

underpowered
02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
I have Fly bars, I suggest staying away from them, I have flipped lots of times (the first two times they didn't bend at all) yesterday i went riding at a new place and flipping 3 times :eek2: the bent horribly, still rideable, but my bars are TOAST! I hate fly :(

well actually you want a bar to bend a little. bars are usually cheaper to replace than a steering stem. my bars won't bend, but i destroyed my steering stem. weaker bars are not really a bad thing.