PDA

View Full Version : Lazer v. Trail Teck v. Ricky Stator lights

svahle
02-05-2007, 08:10 AM
I will be heading back to Little Sahara, OK, in March and am going to add some lights to my 416ex for the trip. I am intending to purchase some bar mounted lights. The lights I have considered are those from Lazer Star, Trail Tech, and Ricky Stator. The Trail Techs are the cheapest and the Ricky Stator lights are the most expensive. Seems to be a price difference of about $60. I don't have a problem spending the extra money if I get a better light. A better light in my opinion is one that is more durable, reliable, and brighter.

I am looking for input from those that have experience with one or more of these set ups. I have used automotive fog lights in the past with pretty good results. However, I have decided I WILL be getting one of the above.

Finally, if anyone has a set of these lights for sale that will bolt right to the bars of my 416ex, I may be interested. However, I would like to know which light is the better set up in the event that I will be purchasing them new.

Sorry for the long post, but I try to provide pertinent information to those that may respond.

Thanks.

predatorkick@$$
02-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I got the lazer stars and had no trouble with them have heard of the trail techs vibrating and burning out!!

Unverfehrt400ex
02-07-2007, 12:08 PM
I love the brightness of my trailtechs but dont care much for the quality. I have had one like go out from vibration and the coating on the billet lights is also pealing off on mine after about a year.

svahle
02-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the responses. This is the type of info I need. Any one else have an opinion or experience with these lights?

Thanks again.

atvRiDa400ex
02-07-2007, 03:24 PM
i got my trail techs about a week ago and so far so good!...hopefully nothin happens

trailtech
02-11-2007, 10:17 PM
If you have a problem with our lights, get in touch with us. We will take care of it.

If your after the brightest lights, the MR16 HID's are second to none.