PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Size

Quadjunkie
02-05-2007, 02:46 AM
I have a 406cc with a 155 main and the needle 4th from top, K&N with lid off, Pipe, etc. Can anyone tell me what pilot I ought to buy. It had a 38 in it but it's too small. And I live in Florida.

ryanh250ex
02-05-2007, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Quadjunkie
I have a 406cc with a 155 main and the needle 4th from top, K&N with lid off, Pipe, etc. Can anyone tell me what pilot I ought to buy. It had a 38 in it but it's too small. And I live in Florida.

I'd say 40. Florida as we both know stays hot a good 75% of the year so I dont think you'll need a 42.

Whereabouts are you located? I live in Daytona.

Quadjunkie
02-05-2007, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the reply. I live in Lakeland, not too far from you. Where do you guys ride out there? We're starving for places to ride out here.

ryanh250ex
02-05-2007, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the reply. I live in Lakeland, not too far from you. Where do you guys ride out there? We're starving for places to ride out here.

My 250 is back in NJ, but a buddy of mine sometimes has an extra wheeler so i can get my fix. :)

We go out to 5a, I wanna say it's off of I-4. HUGE place, free, only bad things about it is that Sundays are sketchy (some unsavory folks go there to 4 wheel) and it's not organized so theres lots of guys ridin around drunk and/or no helmet. always gotta be lookin out for people or listening for exhaust.

if you're ever in my neck of the woods, give me a holler. :cool:

Quadjunkie
02-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Hey, would you mind shooting me some directions to 5A? And when I make a trip i'll let you know.

Thanks

ryanh250ex
02-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Hey, would you mind shooting me some directions to 5A? And when I make a trip i'll let you know.

Thanks

I'll talk to my friend, hes the one who drives there. My truck's back in NJ so my sense of the roads around here aint too good.

400eXr1d3rZ
02-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Get a 42 pilot, turn your fuel screw 2 1/2 turns out, if you turn it out more than 3 turns then you need to go to the next pilot. Up your main a little, try a 160.

itismejoshy
02-05-2007, 10:00 PM
hey i live in daytona also!!!:eek2: and go out to 5A like once a month, well said "unsavory people" it's a fun place with alot of all around riding, but i just had a buddy of mine have a head on with a sand rain at full till, he was a cr150 and didn't get hurt at all, but the sand rail was messed up bad, broke the tie rod bent the rim, riped the tire. but hey man you should shoot me a line if you go riding, i go EVERY weekend, either in deland over by DBCC or to 5A, if your ever want to head out with us send me a line!

here is my email:

itismejoshy@myway.com

or

aol: itismejoshy

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/itismejoshy -pics of my bike on here.

Honda#4
02-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Try a 40 pilot a 42 is gonna be to rich if it's hot outside. No need to change the main unless your going from a slip on to a full exhaust. A 160 main is to rich for his setup.