PDA

View Full Version : help with special wheelies

dirt286
02-05-2007, 12:43 AM
I can wheelie standing and sitting but I cant seem to one hand it. As soon as i take my left hand of the bar the front end just drops, also same thing with no footers, as soon as my feet come off, front end drops
how do i do it???
thanks
chris

JLanphear
02-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Stay in the throttle man....that's all.

It's similiar to what they call "survival instincts". Example would be, for most people, when they lose control of a car their survival instincts tell them to hit the brakes. Well in several cases hitting the brakes may be the last thing you'd want to do. It's just their natural reaction.

In your case, when you let go of the bars, or make some other type of change, your mind is basically saying "hold on, something's wrong" and it causes you to let go of the throttle.

One handers are one of the most basic tricks there is, BUT when first starting out they can be really difficult because you have to support your weight with the other hand, while maintaining throttle control. Can mess with you a bit.

Just keep practicing and force yourself to stay in the gas.

-Josh

dirt286
02-05-2007, 11:05 AM
ok thanx, ill give it a shot

Kaleigh
02-05-2007, 11:43 AM
you can also turn up your idle a bit.. that helps me with one handers..

400EXTRA
02-05-2007, 02:04 PM
get it at your sweet spot then it should be pretty easy to hold on good luck

Kickstarts-suck
02-05-2007, 11:51 PM
you need to practice regular sitdowns from what it sounds like

once you get sitdowns good you can do 1 handers just as easy

balance point is key

Kaleigh
02-06-2007, 05:03 PM
you can also try this... this worked for me.. keep your hands on the bars and try not to use your clutch.. once you can ride a wheelie without your clutch then you can start to take your hand off..

same thing goes with trying no handers.. ride with both hands.. then learn not to use the gas or clutch.. once you are good enough with only using your rear brake to keep you machine balanced then you can start to take you hands off..

bigj250
02-15-2007, 06:59 PM
lol u hant a tip turn ur handel bar like if u r turning left i do it like that and i wheelie further than some of my friends like that than they do on a regular wheelies lol

z400roosteR
02-28-2007, 10:55 PM
I can throw a spreader on my quad no problem, but when i do it on the 50 or dirt bike i loop out,lmao it hurts!@!:blah: