PDA

View Full Version : 250R Trouble

Boggs#3
02-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Ok I took my 250r part today to rebiuld the top end and there was water on top of the piston it was not full of water just you could tell it was water.Also the sleeve looks a little rusty where could this be coming from? The head gasket isnt blown. Would this be the water pump went out? If so what do I have to replace and where can i get it. Thanks

GOTFEAR
02-04-2007, 09:40 PM
No still can be your head gasket might be verry small leak on the inner side of the gasket just becouse you dont see water coming out side of the head dos not mean you dont have a leaky gasket but was verry bad on 295 bore

wilkin250r
02-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Did it have a ring of rust or deposits around it, like it had been sitting there for a while?

Sometimes it doesn't drain all the way, and there is still water left in the water-jackets inside the cylinder, and it drops in when you take it apart.

The only way water is going to get in there is a bad head gasket, a cracked head, or a cracked cylinder wall (or it will drop in during disassembly). If it didn't drop in, of these scenarios, a bad gasket is the most likely.

CorvetteZ06
02-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Did it have a ring of rust or deposits around it, like it had been sitting there for a while?

Sometimes it doesn't drain all the way, and there is still water left in the water-jackets inside the cylinder, and it drops in when you take it apart.

The only way water is going to get in there is a bad head gasket, a cracked head, or a cracked cylinder wall (or it will drop in during disassembly). If it didn't drop in, of these scenarios, a bad gasket is the most likely.

Yep, hit the nail on the head :)

wishmasstir
02-05-2007, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by CorvetteZ06
Yep, hit the nail on the head :)

well then thats where the water is coming from, the nail left an imprint in the head and the gasket isn't sealing:D :devil: :D

Boggs#3
02-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Before i bought it had set for a 8 months and ive only put about 2 hours on it.