PDA

View Full Version : Had A Day To Shine Her Up

"BLAHH"300!!
10-22-2001, 10:22 AM
today was one of those days-
don't realy want to ride but wanted to play with it for a bit
so i started cleanin away-
took off my pipe and head pipe- took off all wheels-
plastic and gas tank off and claned the motor up scrubbed it with a scowering pad you wash dishes with- got most of that baked on dirt outa there- what workes on that dirt in those hard to reach spots- ???
-
hit my rims with some- silver polish- oooo- nasty cleaned em' up
stared eye'n my hubs- took then off cleaned them up and
painted them white- looks tight- then i noticed my wheel spacers- on the inside-(-next to the axel it's self-)- there's a spacer about an inch wide- then on the other side of the hub-(next to the rim-)- it there was a spacer about 2 inches wide
so i swapped em'- kicked em' out a bit more-
- then that- (black) moose sproket ws just begging for some paint man- took that off and hit it one time with some paint-
all white- i got to get me some pics up of this thing man- it is sharp- love my bike man-
oh yeah- anyone got a chrome head pipe i can have--hehe
mines nasty brown from use- how can i get rid of this discoloration- i know it's normal- but can i reverse this aging a bit??- oh yeah i stood it on ennd took the --(-stock-)--skid plate and belly pan off- painted those white also- it'll where off in time but hey looks good now- toped it all off with some old english lemon oil- it's a wood protectant/moisteriser-
it's an oil so it stays shiny for a while- and dirt wipes right off

MOFO
10-22-2001, 01:15 PM
You painted your sproket!?!? :huh

Eric

coryatver
10-22-2001, 07:19 PM
Didn't you know? Your soposed to paint them every 3 tanks of gas! :p

MOFO
10-22-2001, 08:12 PM
Damn, I'll have to make a mental note when I change my oil. LOL!

Eric

"BLAHH"300!!
10-23-2001, 10:12 AM
i mean hey- what differance does it make realy-
i have a new 38t in the pac for when this one wears out

WB400ex
10-24-2001, 05:21 PM
they say its not good to mix a new chain with old sprockets or old sprockets with a new chain because it will wear them out quick.

Pappy
06-26-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
Damn, I'll have to make a mental note when I change my oil. LOL!

Eric

just a reminder:devil:

sly400ex
06-26-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by WB400ex
they say its not good to mix a new chain with old sprockets or old sprockets with a new chain because it will wear them out quick.

They may be true, but if you were to replace all at a time, every single time.....that would be very pricey!!!!:eek:

wilkin250r
07-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Let me know if all that paint lasts for more than 2 tanks of gas....

"BLAHH"300!!
07-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Man this is an old post...can you say
"ROOKIE".."NEWBIE"..
I painted the BOTTOM of my PLASTC skidplate :p

WtF was i thinking...and useing "lemon" oil to clean the plastic...
...I just didn't know did i?....
Wisk, Mop-n-Glo, & Windex dawg...

And NO...the paint onthe sproket didn't hold up for chit...the white hubs looked like chit after about 5 tanks..but i kept cleaning em', and repainting em'...

Man i'm glad i rebuilt this thing.
BEfore i would ride, then have to wrench on something before i could take it on the next ride...sprokett's, chain...misc bolts...something had to be tightend....man it was pathetic. oil all over the frame, shoes & leg...embarassed to ride it..still fun though.
Now I havn't had a single problem with it....well i had my first prob. today...My battery cables werent tight..thought it was dead.
jumped it off, rode it to see if it would charge...staled it down the raod, wouldn' hit a lick...ended up pushing it up a hill, mississippi su killin me.....finally got it home, checked it out...loose connection...bamm fixed....(overlooked the obviouse)

...Right now, I trust this thing enugh to ride it to the bar,
if the police would let me, i prolly would.....

I hate this fkn' rev-limiter though.

MOFO
07-07-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
just a reminder:devil:

thank you... two years later and I finally did it. :eek2: