PDA

View Full Version : What could have happend?

SwainRacing
02-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Just got my rebuild done last week and rode it 2 times so far. As far as the motor all I did was replace the head gasket.

Now today I tried to fire it and it kicked over a few times then it locked up? I tore the side cover off to see if the kick gear may have gotten locked up. It is not. Cant mover the basket at all. tore off the valve cover thinking the timing chain or gear cam off, but it didnt. Loosened the whole cam assembly thinking a valve may be stuck down. They were not. Pulled the plug and looks good in there.

Any Ideas? I have a race in 2 weekend and will be out of town next weekend. Any help would be great! Thanks

desratt
02-04-2007, 02:44 PM
will it roll in nuetrel, how about in gear

GIXXER1KR
02-04-2007, 03:13 PM
It sounds like a siezed bottom end!!!Crank or bearing!!

SwainRacing
02-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Yes it rolls in neutral, but I have a REKLUSE so it rolls in gear too.

Punk'd
02-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Whats exactly locked, if it rolls in gear? Im confused:confused:

If your kicker is locked im going to say crank bearings or rod bearings went.

TeamFlatOut
02-04-2007, 09:00 PM
my rod berring went last week and thats exactly what happened to me

ThumPIN_450R
02-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Have you pulled the oil filter off to see if there is metal on the filter. If there is allot of metal in that filter housing I will say guranteed lower rod bearing failure. Otherwise I have no idea all of my blown motors have come from the lower end.

400exrider707
02-05-2007, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
Have you pulled the oil filter off to see if there is metal on the filter. If there is allot of metal in that filter housing I will say guranteed lower rod bearing failure. Otherwise I have no idea all of my blown motors have come from the lower end.

^^^ Rod bearing and more than likely the useless thrust washer... we had two 450Rs blow up last week. Out of 5 of us guys that ride together mine was the 4th motor to do it. One motor has done it 3 times by itself.

SwainRacing
02-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Well I lucked out! It was the timing chain. It sliped and got wedged down around the crank and the little timing chain guide.