PDA

View Full Version : Oil injection

ltrspeedracer69
02-04-2007, 11:06 AM
I noticed people saying to take off the oil injection. I just an 06 blaster for my wife. She wont be getting crazy on. Should i still leave it on? If I should take it off what should the mixture be? thanks

kuke
02-04-2007, 11:33 AM
I would take it off and i run yamalube at 32:1

Xater
02-05-2007, 04:21 PM
all you got to do it take the clutch cover off then you will see the plastic gear on the pump. remove the gear then put a new gasket on an put the cover back on. then run amsoil denominator at 50:1 cheeper and better then yamalube.

ltrspeedracer69
02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
i took off the cover on the side where you kick start it and it has the 2 tubes running to a metal pump i did not see the gear. Is it on the other side. Mine is an 06 would that make a difference. I have been putting regular mix in the container. Am I suppose to use special oil injection oil thax t yamaha sells. Can you just let the oil run out and just mix it?

C-LEIGH RACING
02-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Hes talking about pulling the whole clutch cover off. The gear that powers the oil pump is inside where the clutch is at.
When you start to pull the cover off, take the kick start lever off first & then the bolts holding the cover on.
Hold the kick start shaft with your thum while you pry on the cover so that the shaft wont pop out of the engine & once the cover is apart from the gasket you can just slide the cover right over the shaft leaving it in place.

That shaft poping out of the engine is a headake when you get ready to put it back in, specially if you never messed with one before.
Neil

czrider263
02-17-2007, 08:35 AM
I took the oil injection off of mine. I think i ran 32:1 yamalube.