PDA

View Full Version : my bike bogs like crazy, help

klutchbuster250
02-04-2007, 10:08 AM
k i installed a hmf full pipe on my 250 and hmf sent me a 125 round jet so i put it in and it bogs like crazy and me and my dad tried playibg with the idle but that didnt work so wut could be the problem,o i have a uni filter also i think i have to go up a pilot jet wut do u guys think it is

400exstud
02-04-2007, 12:23 PM
What is the stock main jet in the 250? Either way it sounds way too rich. The idle screw will have no effect on the main jet circut. Read the jetting article in the Articles section. It should help you better understand the carb.

oldskoolex400
02-04-2007, 12:36 PM
you are rich get some different jets to lean it out, best i remember my 300ex is running between a 124-130

ryanh250ex
02-04-2007, 05:55 PM
HMF suggestions are always way rich. Pull off the lid and see if it runs better. It will very likely still be too rich.

Go to the 250ex forum and look at the jetting thread. I made some suggestions for another member that should be very close to what you need.

klutchbuster250
02-04-2007, 06:27 PM
k so u people are saying im runing way to lean right? would it help going up a size in the pilot jet and i got a uni so if i take of the lid it should even it out a lil? the stock main for a 06 250 is a 95 i think and i installed a 125 so should i go down a size or wut im open to anything so please post what u think i should do, im lost here so work with em please and thank you guys in advance

400exstud
02-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Nope, everybody says that your too rich = too much fuel. The pilot jet will not change anything that has to do with heavy throttle bogging. Again, check out the jetting topic in the Articles section.

ryanh250ex
02-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by klutchbuster250
k so u people are saying im runing way to lean right? would it help going up a size in the pilot jet and i got a uni so if i take of the lid it should even it out a lil? the stock main for a 06 250 is a 95 i think and i installed a 125 so should i go down a size or wut im open to anything so please post what u think i should do, im lost here so work with em please and thank you guys in advance

Did you read the posts? If we're saying you're rich, it means...well...you're too rich.

taking the lid off will make it run leanER, but it will still be rich (meaning too much fuel). I run NO airbox and I run 128, and that's probably a little on the rich side.

If you carefully read my post you would have gone over to the 250ex forum like i suggested and found where the thread on jetting was at the top of the page, you would have seen the suggestions I made to a fella who was doing very similiar mods to his 250.

Stay at the stock pilot jet. If you turn out the air screw a bit you'll be fine.

klutchbuster250
02-05-2007, 05:27 AM
ryanh250ex thanks for the help i ment to sar rich mybad and i read the post it help , im ordering a jet kit couse im still rich with the lid of and i dont wanna take of the whole air box couse i do alot of traile riding and i ride threw alot of mud so thanks for the help