PDA

View Full Version : 400ex fenders on 250r

honda1988
02-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Does anyone know if 400ex fenders will fit on an 88' trx 250r. If so what modifications do you have to make to make them fit,

Thanks

CorvetteZ06
02-05-2007, 05:27 AM
I have seen it done before, and I remember when the 400EX first came out, there were a good amount of people running the EX fenders on the R. You probably just have to fabricate your own mounts. If im not mistaken, there used to be companies that sold mount kits to do this. Goodluck!

trx500r
02-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I put some on my girlfriends R and it was a lot of work but possible. I had to make new front fender supports and I used a 400ex gas tank. The cool thing was the front brackets are also the rad. shroud mounts also. On the rear of the front fenders I also had to build brackets that just happen to bolt to the rear fender supports and cut out the place for the kick starter. On the rear fenders I cut the stock seat mounts of and turned them around so the seat would slide on. On the rear fender/seat mount I am not sure on the 88 frames but I had to build a new bracket which would take the newer style seat brackets with the posts molded into the pan. When I get my camera back I will try to post some pics. It turned out really cool it just took sometime to do it.

trx500r
02-23-2007, 07:43 PM
This might help I can get you better pics if you want?