PDA

View Full Version : tether for a snowmobile

coolex
02-04-2007, 07:57 AM
in a recent thread i made was about me crashing my snowmobile because the gas stuck wide open, it still runs and i drove it again and it stuck again, well im going to try to fix the sticking problem but as a extra precaution,a friend will sell me his brand new pro armor tether switch, will i be able to put a tether switch on a 30 year old sled that was made for a 450r?, the tether retails for 30, he said hed give it to me for 15, is it worth it, and can it be done?

Quad18star
02-04-2007, 08:21 AM
It's like any other tether , just hook it up so that it kills the engine . You can always go to a local snowmobile parts store and buy one for about $4 . ;)

coolex
02-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
It's like any other tether , just hook it up so that it kills the engine . You can always go to a local snowmobile parts store and buy one for about $4 . ;)

i thought some engines were always unconected and some were connected, it doesnt make sense to me how it can be unconnected, but i have read it before, and they really sell them for 4 bucks

CDCHONDAS
02-04-2007, 09:16 AM
your right, there are different ones I think the pro armor one is normally open which should work fine on the sled, just ground 1 wire and put the other wire on your coil feed wire so when the switch closes it grounds the coil which kills the spark

coolex
02-04-2007, 04:29 PM
thanks

02-04-2007, 05:10 PM
I geuss it would be to compliacted to hit the killswitch?

coolex
02-04-2007, 05:18 PM
it doest have one
all it has is gas and brake, so yes it is to complicated to hit the kill switch smartass:ermm: :eek:

Quad18star
02-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by coolex
it doest have one
all it has is gas and brake, so yes it is to complicated to hit the kill switch smartass:ermm: :eek:

There's no handlebar mounted killswitch button ( push down) ??? Most sleds , even the older ones from the 70's, had a tether cord and the killswitch button on the bars .

What kind of machine is it again?